Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Knob dilemma...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2010, 10:16 PM
Silver Member

Knob dilemma...

I have a Leupold scope I'm about to send in for a new elevation knob - it currenly has the stubby finger click knobs. My plan is to get a Kenton knob after I shoot data for my current loads.

My dilemma is that I can't decide between the M1 knob and the Tall Target Knob.

The M1 knob has quite a following and most people that have them love them. But the target knob has more engraving surface for rotations and windage and has a cap. I'll be using this rig for big game hunting.

Which knob would you put on if this was your decision?
Old 05-14-2010, 08:01 AM

Re: Knob dilemma...

Depends on the type of hunting you do and your expectations.I build both custom BDC dials and both work equally well with reguards to dial and shoot ,however the taller turret with dust cover would be my reccomendation if you want more than one revolution of data on your dial or if you hunt from a horse or 4-wheeler where the rifle will be removed from a soft or hard case repeatedly.The size of the numbers can be increased appreciably if you use the tall also,if you like see-ability.take a look cloudpeakgunworks.com .
Old 05-18-2010, 10:09 PM
Silver Member

Thanks for the reply steadyrest.

I mostly elk hunt with an eberlystock pack, so my rifle is in a soft scabbard much of the time.

I've never put the M1's next to the Tall Target knobs...which one is taller?

I checked out you link - thanks for the info. What do you charge for your knobs if I provide all click data?
Old 05-19-2010, 09:43 AM

The overall height is very close to the same, however the usable space on the side is much less on the mark4 style.I charge 75.00 plus shipping and handling.And will do two full turns if you like.Questions call or e-mail

Thanks
Steadyrest1