Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Kenton Turrets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 10:38 PM

Re: Kenton Turrets

I have a zeiss conquest 6.5-20x50 AO on my 340 Accumark and have Kenton Turrets. They are basically the Zeiss Factory Knobs custom engraved. I have a Speed dial one turn (18MOA) out to 900 yards. The markings are large and bright for my old dim eyes. I have taken elk out to 650 yards with them. Ziess scopes are pretty good about tracking 1/4 MOA per click.
You can try the box test and see how repeatable the return to zero is for your particular scope.

Zero your rifle dead center at 100 yards. Move up and right +5MOA then Shoot 3 rounds. Move straight down -10MOA shoot. Move left -10MOA shoot.
Move Up +10 MOA shoot. Move down and left -5MOA back to center. If your scope tracks well every group should be at the corners of a 5"x5" rectangle with its center on the bull.

If it doesn't track right, call Zeiss USA in Chester, VA and they'll fix it FOC.

10th
Old 02-10-2011, 05:34 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Kenton Turrets

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsugarbear View Post
I have no knowledge regarding Zeiss target turrets, so I cannot comment on that. However, I would encourage you to dial up and keep track of just how many MOA it takes to hit center at 100 yard intervals, rather than just measuring the drop. Each scope tracks differently, and not each every scope that advertises 1/4 MOA actually moves your point of impact 1/4 MOA. Rather than have Kenton assume your scopes clicks equal 1/4 MOA - just do it yourself. That way you know for sure. Also be sure and use your own rangefinder, rather than relying on someone else's, or the yardage marked at the range.
azsugarbear has a good point which I did not take into consideration because my PST tracks very accurate and repeatable.

joseph