Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Just recieved my vectronix plrf05 rangefinder!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 09:49 PM
Gold Member

Just recieved my vectronix plrf05 rangefinder!!!!!

I brought them to work with me this afternoon to put it to the test. I work at Sky Harbor airport here in Phoenix AZ where the temps are easily 120*-160* today during this initial test. You cant possibly get more mirage than right behind a large passenger plane waiting to take off. I hit the range button aiming the RF past the tail of the plane to a dirt berm at least twice the distance from me as the plane and immediately got a reading back just shy of 1200yds. Yes the target was large but the conditions don't get much worse (bright and sunny with full jet blast between the target and myself). I then hit a few buildings and billboards off the airport from 1900yds.-2500yds. Awesome, but yes they are very large targets. I then ranged the top of a crane which is not a solid target at 1991yds. Ok now for some real fun, I ranged a tree at 3103yds!!!!!!!

This is just my first day with my new toy and I know this is not very scientific here but I think I'm really going to love this thing. There's very little feedback anywhere about them so I thought I'd share. I'll add to this as soon as I get time to get out in the field with them.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:50 PM
Gold Member

Re: Just recieved my vectronix plrf05 rangefinder!!!!!

Still having fun at work, I took it to the top of the parking garage which puts me overlooking Phoenix to see just how far this thing would read. I got a reading of 4914yds off the side of a tall building! I know using them after dark is cheating but I'm just having fun!
Old 07-12-2013, 09:47 AM
Silver Member

My experience with them sounds a lot like yours, they range everything every time.......the only issue I have found is the low magnification. For a rangefinder with this power, the low magnification is the limiting factor.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:03 PM
Gold Member

Had them up in the mountains this weekend and ranged some trees and a bluff at about 2500 yds. It was a heavily forested area so glassing up an animal was not possible. Still having fun!