Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics


Reply

Just ordered new scope.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: GEORGIA
Posts: 1,195
Just ordered new scope.

I just pre ordered the new Vortex Viper 6-24X50MM PST FFP with the ERB-1 MOA reticle for long range hunting and plinking. I went with the MOA because I won't get into tactile shooting.

joseph
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-03-2010, 06:52 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Reno Nevada
Posts: 1,510
Re: Just ordered new scope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph View Post
I just pre ordered the new Vortex Viper 6-24X50MM PST FFP with the ERB-1 MOA reticle for long range hunting and plinking. I went with the MOA because I won't get into tactile shooting.

joseph
No ! WE on this forum don't want you to have that scope. I'm sorry but those are the rules !
__________________
How does it profit a man if he gains the whole world but loses his soul?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-03-2010, 10:08 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: GEORGIA
Posts: 1,195
Re: Just ordered new scope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Worker View Post
No ! WE on this forum don't want you to have that scope. I'm sorry but those are the rules !

OK I'll cancel my order. Now can I use the Forum?

"Aim small miss small",

joseph
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-03-2010, 10:45 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,538
Re: Just ordered new scope.

Congratulations on the scope, let us know how it works out for you. Enjoy.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-04-2010, 12:21 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Reno Nevada
Posts: 1,510
Re: Just ordered new scope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph View Post
OK I'll cancel my order. Now can I use the Forum?

"Aim small miss small",

joseph
Do you understand the limitations of a FFP scope ? You say you want to shoot at small stuff ? That scope's reticules will cover small stuff up at those extended ranges ? I just bought a IOR 2.5x10 x42MM.The glass quality is out of this world and I can see stuff on 10x that on my Elite 6500 would require 20x to see.
__________________
How does it profit a man if he gains the whole world but loses his soul?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-04-2010, 12:57 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: GEORGIA
Posts: 1,195
Re: Just ordered new scope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Worker View Post
Do you understand the limitations of a FFP scope ? You say you want to shoot at small stuff ? That scope's reticules will cover small stuff up at those extended ranges ? I just bought a IOR 2.5x10 x42MM.The glass quality is out of this world and I can see stuff on 10x that on my Elite 6500 would require 20x to see.
Yes I understand that when you increase the power with a FFP scope the reticle increases in size in proportion with the target. Besides, an antelope, mule deer or an elk aren't to small of a target.

"Aim small miss small",

joseph
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-04-2010, 01:00 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: GEORGIA
Posts: 1,195
Re: Just ordered new scope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas1 View Post
Congratulations on the scope, let us know how it works out for you. Enjoy.
When I get it I'll give a report of how I think it measures up.

joseph
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads for: Just ordered new scope.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I have a newly purchased Savage 220f. CHARLIEDUECE65 Long Range Shotgun Slug Hunting 15 11-21-2012 07:05 AM
Ordered a March Tactical scope yesterday toader Long Range Scopes and Other Optics 12 04-08-2011 10:05 AM
I ordered an 11'' twist .30 Pat B. Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics 8 03-05-2011 01:15 AM
I bit the bullet and ordered my new scope finally. trevor73402 Long Range Hunting & Shooting 5 11-20-2009 05:18 AM
Have ordered Rem 700 PSS .300 RUM pc Long Range Hunting & Shooting 8 01-09-2006 07:54 AM

Current Poll
Do you archery hunt for elk?
YES - 29.94%
47 Votes
NO - 54.78%
86 Votes
Not yet, but I plan to. - 15.29%
24 Votes
Total Votes: 157
You may not vote on this poll.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC