Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Ivy Adjustables??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2008, 09:05 AM
Silver Member

Ivy Adjustables??

In my humble opinion, a lower cost scope, meaning less than NF, USO, Swaro., etc., could work rather will with an adjustable Ivy Mount system if there is a "Zero Stop" feature that works quickly; anyone experiment with or develop this feature? Overbore
Old 09-15-2008, 09:28 AM
Gold Member

Re: Ivy Adjustables??

I considered using the Ivey ajustable mounts but had several people give me bad reports, if you like check them out yourself iveyshooting.com or 615-424-8855
UB
Old 09-15-2008, 10:19 AM
SPONSOR

Me and BJ have a set on our 338AM and we have had pretty good luck with them. now we use the to roughly bring us up to where we want at 2000yds and then we use the fine adjustment of the scope after that.

i dont know if they would be precise enough for shooting by themselves

steve
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
1-800-522-3314
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST
Old 09-15-2008, 10:21 AM
SPONSOR

I was considering purchasing an Ivy myself, but this is the first I have heard about negative reports.
Can you tell me specifically what negatives the system has?
Did the folks who have had problems with the Ivey, have any other LR mount systems they preferred better?

SEB Coaxial Front Rest - Dealer
http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...t-by-sam-hall/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCsyjQr0Yrc

"Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh no.........they're awake!""
Old 09-15-2008, 10:54 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerch View Post
Me and BJ have a set on our 338AM and we have had pretty good luck with them. now we use the to roughly bring us up to where we want at 2000yds and then we use the fine adjustment of the scope after that.

i dont know if they would be precise enough for shooting by themselves

steve
Lerch,

You are doing about what I had in mind. My only concern is retuning the base to a Zero stop say in low light. any suggestions? Cordially, Overbore
Old 09-16-2008, 09:35 AM
SPONSOR

If you are wanting it to return to a 100yd zero where you can flip dimes everytime you come back down, i dont think they will be that consistant. our gun is zeroed right at 775yds and from there we just dial in 100 moa or so and then fire a shot to see where we are at at the distance we are wanting to shoot. from there we either add more on the ivey rings or if we are close we use the precision adjustment of the scope.

as for the rings returning you to a true zero, i dont know, i really was never worried about it with our gun

have a good un
steve
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
1-800-522-3314
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST
Old 09-16-2008, 12:30 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Graham,

Hope all is well with you.

I just took delivery of three sets of the new improved Ivey rings.
My main concern is that they will not return to zero. I'm going to get them up and running and evaluate them in the very near future.
As for returning to zero in nightime operations.... I highly doubt that would be possible with the adjustment in the ring itself. The mic on the barrel is marked in fine graduations that would be tough to see in dim light.

I'm looking to use the ring to get me out there a ways, then use the scope for fine adjustment. If the ring can't return to zero, it's useless.
The new version are much better than the old, but the ability to return to zero concept still remains.