Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

IOR Valdada ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2003, 02:18 AM
Bronze Member

Re: IOR Valdada ?

I know a guy at our local range with a 6X24X50 that said the reticle was out of focus or something like that. He sent it back and got a new one in 2-3 weeks. He was happy with the service.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:26 PM
Bronze Member

O.K. that's one good and two bad which makes it 33% poor. Leupold is close to 99% good. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2003, 09:00 AM
Platinum Member

Guys looking for IOR distributor, contact Chris Gilchrest at Red Mountain optics at (919) 477-0550 or redmtnjoe@aol.com

BH
Old 09-05-2003, 02:14 PM
Silver Member

I received an email from Chris Gilchrest who is an IOR scope distributor. I guess Chris read my post on the issues I encountered with trying to get my IOR scope repaired. Chris then called me after we exchanged a few emails.

After listening to the problems with the scope tube diameter and what I went through with trying get my scope repaired, he agreed to look into and see if there was anything he could do. He made no promises, just gave me his word he would look into it.

I appreciate the fact that he would call and discuss it and then after getting all the facts, agreed to look into it. These are the type of individuals I enjoy doing business with. Hopefully he can get the problem rectified and correct. If not, he at least went out of his way to try to help.

Iíll keep everyone posted as to the out come.

Thanks Chris for taking the time to talk and work with me.

Jeff Harmon

Mathew 5:16

Distance is not an issue, but the wind will make it interesting!
Old 09-05-2003, 05:25 PM
Gold Member

Hi All...I too am getting an IOR scope soon.
One place to purchase an IOR product, is from a nice guy on AR, that goes by the handle Q-Optics.
He also handles Talley rings and mounts.

Im getting the Tacticle 2.5-10x42 second plane MP8 reticle, 30mm. tubes...sakofan..
Old 09-08-2003, 07:49 PM
Bronze Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>
I received an email from Chris Gilchrest who is an IOR scope distributor. I guess Chris read my post on the issues I encountered with trying to get my IOR scope repaired. Chris then called me after we exchanged a few emails.

After listening to the problems with the scope tube diameter and what I went through with trying get my scope repaired, he agreed to look into and see if there was anything he could do. He made no promises, just gave me his word he would look into it.

I appreciate the fact that he would call and discuss it and then after getting all the facts, agreed to look into it. These are the type of individuals I enjoy doing business with. Hopefully he can get the problem rectified and correct. If not, he at least went out of his way to try to help.

Iíll keep everyone posted as to the out come.

Thanks Chris for taking the time to talk and work with me.

Jeff Harmon

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's people like you who make this a great place to visit... I like reading actual results of products... from what I have gathereddd, those IOR are some very good scopes for optics...
my only problem is, as good as they might be, why take a chance... I'd rather buy a Leupold with less great optics, and be bale to have it fixed...

It sounds to me like the IOR people make a good product, but when they mess something up do not want to take responsablity for it...
making a scope that is had great optics isn't going to do any good if the tube is not up to specs, great optics and a 31mm tube is still a piece of junk... never going to go one right, without binding...
They have to be accountable for a poor products...

Sounds like the IOR people have a serious attitude problem...

I'll NEVER buy any of there products...

Leupold I'll buy... good service... they make a great reliable scope, but I'll admit they need to get out of the 1980's and upgrade thier optics to the 21 century.. maybe offer 57-60mm objectivs ON A RIFLE SCOPE, not just a spotting scope..
Then we will not have to look at NF and others as a "better" alternative

scott
Old 09-08-2003, 08:08 PM
Silver Member

I met Chris at the Quantico Match last weekend and he is a stand-up guy. If he says he will look into it,..I beleive him. I also don't see what is so hard about making contact with IOR,..I looked on the website,..found a number and called. It was changed,..because the business moved,..but the recording had the new number. I called that number and spoke to the owner/importer himself. This company may be "grass roots" right now,..but I beleive their pricing relative to their quality will bring them to the front. Yes,..when you set-up an importation of a product not previously imported,...you will initially have some service problem, i.e. (shipping to Romania for service),..but the company is young,..and these things happen. I don't foresee glass that nice,..going away anytime soon. I anxiously await the 35mm tube models due out this year which BTW come with the tactical rings. All this and still ~$300 cheaper than my NXS's sans rings.

[ 09-08-2003: Message edited by: JustC ]