Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

IOR Scope support issue resolved!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2003, 08:47 PM
Silver Member

IOR Scope support issue resolved!

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] While on a business trip to KC this week, I met and had dinner with Jim Maloney who is one of the IOR reps. Very nice guy wanting to do the right thing, but finding his hands tied at times.

We met at the new Cabalas here in KC and discussed the problems Iíve had with my IOR scope over dinner.

Bottom line, Jim is going to make things right. Though not exactly the proper solution to the issue at hand, itís a meet in the middle compromise that works for both of us.

Jim and I have worked out our own solution that is between he and I. He is going out of his way to make this right and that in it's self speaks volumes about the type of person he is. Also, he is not spending any of his own hard earned money to make this right, as I would not have agreed to him doing that. I realize this doesnít answer any of your questions, and kind of leaves everyone hanging. Sorry, but the solution is between Jim and I and do to the circumstances, itís a win win for both sides.

Consider the IOR support issue put to rest. And yes, Iíll support IOR products from this point on. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Just thought I'd keep you posted.

Thanks for everyoneís support and feedback on this issue.
[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Mathew 5:16

Distance is not an issue, but the wind will make it interesting!
Old 10-21-2003, 02:24 AM
Gold Member

Re: IOR Scope support issue resolved!

For those interested. Jim Maloney is a very good fella. I bought my IOR from him.

His company is "Q-OPTICS", and he hangs around on AR and some others.

If you want a IOR and a "real" co. rep, give Jim a hollar. I think this situation shows the caliber of person Jim, and Jeff are..sakofan.. Jim Maloney
E-mail Address(es):
jimkim@ott.net
Old 10-21-2003, 05:39 AM

Hey Jeff,I am happy you worked out the IOR thing. But I am not going to buy one as they seam not to stand behind there scopes,I think they need to be told that if you will not honor your scopes for a Workmanship problem,I will tell everyone to buy a Leupold and have a Better scope IMHO.

But I am Glad you worked it out.

Doc in Texas
Old 10-21-2003, 05:15 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks for the kind words guys. IOR does still has some issues that need worked out. Unfortunatlly it is a slow learning process. IOR is trying to address these issues. Please hang in there gentlmen. We are working on it.

My hats off to Jeff, he is a good man.
Old 10-21-2003, 09:38 PM
Silver Member

I liked what I saw and felt,....that in itself is why I will be buying one soon.
Old 10-22-2003, 08:09 AM

I bought me a IOR 1,1-4 tactical from valdada.com
But when i got it, i wasnt that happy.. I think i paid too much for what i got.. The illuminated reticle is only illuminated when you are lokking at somthing dark, the optics are unclear at the bottom.
And the biggest problem, is that I``m living in norway, so I its a lot of work sending it back (toll etc). I`ll rather buy a leupold 1,5-5 circle dot than the IOR tactical (the scope is for my Sig 551SWAT that I`m using in practical rifle competitions)
Old 10-22-2003, 09:08 AM
Silver Member

Hi guys,

I had a chance to look through one of the new IOR scopes this past weekend. It reminded me of the old Unertl scopes. Clear and bright as nice as I have seen in awhile.

It put my new Leupold 8 1/2x 25 LR M1 to shame, as far as being clear and bright.

I want one, Vern