Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

IOR/Liberty Optics Customer service experience

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2011, 04:22 AM
Platinum Member

Re: IOR/Liberty Optics Customer service experience

Wecome to the active side of LRH Glad they covered the scope! IORs are great scopes, as long as you dont crank on the screws too hard.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:20 AM

My experiance exactly. Bought a 3-18x42 from liberty Optics several years ago.Known as gen. 1 and have had exactiy zero problems with it. Been banging steel, rocks, and clods to 1100 with regularity. I bought another from Scott at Liberty in May 2012 to mount on a model 12 savage 6.5x.284. It was a 6-24x56 ffp w/ modified mp-8 The Glass is even better which I thought I would not be able to distinguish. The reticle is photo engraved and is even more precisely square at every edge, and has illumination, zero stop, second point of impact indicator and a new eye box. Quite a unit!! However I thought I knew the adjustment procedure for setting the elevation turret to zero and the zero stop but I messed it up some how and probably overtightened a screw. This caused the turret to rotate w/ too much resistance. I sent this to Scott at Valdada and it was returned round trip, repaired in 6 days from Oregon to Colorado and back.
I have had the best experiance of my life learning to shoot at extended ranges and these scopes have been a really big part of removing the other variables that lurk in some of the other scopes I have had. They track like lathes and the glass has a couple steps on anything I have compared them too in the price range, 6x, magnification, FFP, zero stop, 22 mil elevation plus 15 on the reticle, one turn to 1200 on my guns, free rings,great customer service and Scott Berish at Liberty acts more like an advocate for the customer than salesman. Could not ask for any More
Old 03-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Silver Member

Scott is definitely a "Go To Guy" when it comes to optics. He's helped me more than a few times. The guy knows his optics...keeps up with what's new and isn't afraid to share his honest opinions...even if that means affecting a sale.

I strongly recommend dealing with Scott, Liberty Optics, if you are in the market for anything he sells. You will have a very positive experience and might learn something in the process. After the purchase...you know you got a guy who will go to bat for you.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:25 AM
Gold Member

I am lucky enough to live within a few minutes of were IOR distributes out of Colorado. Val and Scott at IOR here in Colorado seem like two upstanding guys. I bought my first IOR a few weeks back and plan on using it on my AR build that should be in my hands in a few more weeks. IMO the glass is better than a NF.

Jon
Old 03-14-2012, 06:19 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by strombeckj View Post
I am lucky enough to live within a few minutes of were IOR distributes out of Colorado. Val and Scott at IOR here in Colorado seem like two upstanding guys. I bought my first IOR a few weeks back and plan on using it on my AR build that should be in my hands in a few more weeks. IMO the glass is better than a NF.

Jon
Jon:

Really good to hear. Don't mean to be off topic...but which scope are you thinking of putting on your AR? I'm contemplating doing the same.

Wayne
Old 03-14-2012, 09:05 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senderofan View Post
Jon:

Really good to hear. Don't mean to be off topic...but which scope are you thinking of putting on your AR? I'm contemplating doing the same.

Wayne
I looked few of the IOR's. I went with the 1.5-8x26 w/ .25 MOA turrets. The 2-12 spartan would be another good call. The drop turret is set for a .308 but it's drops are REAL close a 60-70gr .223. the pitbull was also really nice. The new 1-10x16 was my first choice but at over $2k a little out of my range.

Jon
Old 03-14-2012, 11:22 AM
Silver Member

Yes...The Eliminator looks great but it's a little difficult to get past the price...I agree. Thanks for sharing your selection. I'm shooting 77gr. SMK's through mine...and wondering how much mag I need on the top end. Used to have a 5.5-22x NXS on it but want better glass. Not sure if I want a 3-18x or step up to the 6-24x.

Take Care,

Wayne