Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

IOR/Liberty Optics Customer service experience

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2011, 11:03 AM

IOR/Liberty Optics Customer service experience

I have been a long time lurker, but finally decided to join so I could post this.

Several weeks ago I was mounting my $1850 IOR 6-24x56 ffp scope on my rifle, and due to a complete lapse in brain function, I tightened my rings to 50" lbs of torque. the thought finally occurred to me that I might be over tightening them when one of the ring screws broke. While at the range the next day, the rifle would not hold zero and the reticule appeared canted. So, I took it off the rifle, and sure enough all the way around tube where the rear ring had been, there was a nice noticeable crimp. To further worsen how I felt, IOR warranty specifically states that over-torquing the rings voids the warranty.

So, in desperation, I called the only person I could think of, the guy I had bought it through, Scott at Liberty Optics. I truthfully explained the entire problem to him, and he told me to send it to him right away; he would see what he could do.

Scott got in contact with the folks from IOR Valdada and explained the problem to them. They were kind enough to over look my stupidity and send me not only a brand new scope, but also a new set of rings to go with it.

There has been some debate over the CS of IOR Valdada in the past, but there treatment of me in this situation, firmly solidified in me that they are a great company to go to.

I would also like to highly recommended Scott at Liberty Optics. You will hear nothing negative about him. He is the new standard for customer service in my mind, and takes care of his customers even after they have made their purchase.

I am not affiliated with either party except as a very satisfied customer.

Thanks,

Jericho
Old 02-26-2011, 12:10 PM
Platinum Member

Re: IOR/Liberty Optics Customer service experience

That is very good info! I've come close a couple times on an IOR, the one's I've used have been outstanding on other shooters rifles.

I think I would have thrown up in my socks if I had just done that, glad it turned out good for ya and welcome to LRH!
Old 02-26-2011, 01:09 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigngreen View Post
I think I would have thrown up in my socks if I had just done that, glad it turned out good for ya and welcome to LRH!
Lol! He almost did! You shoulda seen him. He was moping around like mom threw away his favorite Teddy Bear. He can't quit talking about IOR and Liberty Optics now! J/k, welcome Johnny. You'll like it here. There's a bunch of very knowledgeable and friendly people here, but don't tell 'em I said friendly- it might ruffle their feathers.
let's go shooting!
Old 02-26-2011, 03:12 PM
Platinum Member

Very good news. I am at a f class match right now cursing a ior. It will not focus but that is better tba a wandering zero. I would have dnfif I were shooting. My nephew took it in stride.it is cool sitting in the pits surfing the forums
Old 02-26-2011, 05:12 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks for not lurking any more!
Old 02-27-2011, 01:18 AM

Thank you for the warm welcome, this place doesn't seem to be nearly as hostile as the Hide, perhaps I have found a new home.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:36 PM
Silver Member

I couldn't agree more and that's why it says so in my signature.