Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

IOR 16x42x30mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2002, 11:32 PM
Platinum Member

IOR 16x42x30mm

Anyone have one of these?Are they worth the $?Priced with Leupold & a little cheaper than NF.100 moa elivation & fixed power for durability=CJIOR 16x42 Scope
Old 03-26-2002, 05:09 PM
Writers Guild

Re: IOR 16x42x30mm

have not used them but those that I have talked to that shoot in F class to 900m (Calgary, AB) have found them to be really good. They claim that the optics are up there with the best European grades and the adjustments are second to none. Metal to metal throughout. If they are as good as they claim, they would be much cheaper then Nightforce and in some cases cheaper then Leupold. Also, the reticle styles are a lot more useful then mildots.

If you can look through one and try it that will be the only way to know for sure. Check out cactustactical.com for more info.

Good luck...

Jerry
Old 03-27-2002, 09:37 PM
daveosok

Re: IOR 16x42x30mm

Yes IOR Valdada scopes are among the very best. I have the literature at home and according to them, the glass is made in a factory in Bucharest and supplies the glass for Ziess, Saworksi, Leica, and a few other well-known scope manufactures. For the price they are the best bang for the buck. I have a set of their medium, and high rings and a set of their bases. Very strong and well made I have no problems with their quality and matches a few of the others out their also i.e. Badger Ord, and Leupold. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]