Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Individual eye focus binos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Individual eye focus binos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo 4 View Post
The IF I have are not high dollar. About as much as Nikon Monarch. They have decent glass in them. I believe it may be the mil ranging reticle throws me off some. I messed with them for a bit today and it makes me feel cross eyed after a while compared to my fast focus. As do all our issued binos.
When you say "our issued binos" I would assume that they have been previously used.? Possibly handled rough in the past by someone.? Bought by a public agency (some form of government) by the truckload at a reduced price.?

That possibly could be the issue all together, if it's not the reticle. What I am getting at, is that the collimation (this term may be incorrect) or the alignment of both barrels may not be precise anymore (if they ever were?); possible if they've been handled rough or were made in a hurry to satisfy a big government/LE contract.

If both barrels aren't pointed at exactly the same thing, our eyes really are crossing to see the same image in each eye.

Just a thought, what say ye?

Last edited by SBruce; 09-05-2011 at 08:19 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:56 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Individual eye focus binos

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBruce View Post
possible if they've been handled rough or were made in a hurry to satisfy a big government/LE
Just a thought, what say ye?
I concur...isn't ignorance bliss?
It would be nice to look through a "good" pair so to speak.

The people trying to say the 2nd Amendment is outdated are probably the same folks that would say the same thing about the Bible.