Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

I wear glass'es

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2006, 11:51 AM
Platinum Member

I wear glass\'es

I'm near sighted. Will that hender my ability to see the difference between a Sightron S3 and a Night force NSX
Old 12-25-2006, 12:56 PM
Platinum Member

Re: I wear glass\'es

Probably.....

I wear trifocals and one eye sees crooked and the other won't focus the best. I have no idea of what most of these folks are talking about with differences between scopes. I looked through a NF once or twice, seemed bright but stadias were so fine as to be hard to see against a background. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Not the scope's problem, just my eyes. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I get along just fine w/SuperSnipers and Weaver Tacticals and Zeiss Conquests and some others.
Old 12-25-2006, 02:00 PM
Gold Member

[ QUOTE ]
I'm near sighted. Will that hender my ability to see the difference between a Sightron S3 and a Night force NSX

[/ QUOTE ]

No! Absolutly NOT.

Near (or far) sightedness is normal for most people, and that is why eyepieces on scopes are adjustable.

It has NOTHING to do with your ability to resolve images.

I am near sighted and my vision (with glasses) in each eye is 20/12.

LRH member #23
Old 12-25-2006, 03:04 PM
Gold Member

Iron Worker, Up until two years ago I was VERY nearsighted (20/200). I was able to see with glasses and later bifocals as age came on. Depending on your head position, you might need shooting glasses without the bifocal. With the scope adjustment, you probably won't need the bifocal to see your reticle. Also, different brands of scopes have different focal lengths and are easier to get the reticle in focus. NOT all scopes have enough adjustment to focus for all eyes. Experiment and you'll find out the best combination. OR have lasix surgery and help the problem of hunting with glasses. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-13-2013, 05:21 PM
Silver Member

I wear trifocals & I'm having a heck of a time shooting from the bench. I always have a problem with a split image between the top and middle lens, when looking through the scope. Nothing works like it used to when I was 35-40 years old. I can't tip my head back far enough to consistently see through the middle lens & I can't bend my head down without seeing partly over the top of my glasses and partly through the top lens..
About the only thing I can think of, is to get bifocals with either the two top lens or the two bottom lenses.
I've got a little taller rear bag that might help. I sat on a shorter stool at the range & that helped a little, but I haven't found a good solution yet. The top of the benches seem about 4-6 inches too low. Maybe the club will allow me to make some spaces to put under the bench legs.
Any solution I think of, I drive 50 miles each way to shoot & if it doesn't work, I'm screwed for another day.
I'm actually shocked searches turn up very little & what I do find isn't a solution.
This is driving me nuts!
Maybe I need to build a smaller adjustable sub platform which is large enough for for my adjustable rest, rear bag & left arm???????
Old 06-13-2013, 07:44 PM
Silver Member

Re: I wear glass'es

I know how you feel! Lasik surgery 10 years ago cured all my problems!! However, now it's cataracts.