Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

I-touch App for Long Range Shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2009, 09:15 AM
Gold Member

Re: I-touch App for Long Range Shooting

Is this app. similar to the software Nightforce has? I would be thrilled if I could get Nighforce's ballistic program on my I-phone.

This thread, when it comes to electronics technology, is light years old. Does anyone know if they have something better available now????

Old 09-18-2009, 11:32 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B23 View Post
Is this app. similar to the software Nightforce has? I would be thrilled if I could get Nighforce's ballistic program on my I-phone.

This thread, when it comes to electronics technology, is light years old. Does anyone know if they have something better available now????

Ballistic has been updated several times, and I have been using it since very early spring. I no longer print data on cards, I just carry my Iphone.

The results are virtually identical to the online ballistics calculators.

Bill

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

http://waitesandbalances.blogspot.com/
Old 09-18-2009, 12:00 PM
Gold Member

That sounds great. Where do I download this app. from?
Old 09-18-2009, 12:15 PM
Platinum Member

The Application Store.

I'm still using Ballistic, they added a ton of bullets and factory loads. I love it even though I don't shoot factory loads. If JBM would come out with a program (faint chance, I know) I would pay $20 for it, they have SO many bullets, with Litz calculations and such.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:32 PM
Silver Member

I really like the Ballistic app. It works great, I just bought the upgraded versionfrom the I- Tunes Store. One on the best Jackson's I ever spent. I am not familiar with the NF software so can not commentg on that.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:29 PM
Silver Member

I just started using the iSnipe app from the iTunes store. I really like it. You can do angles and all of that.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:54 PM
Silver Member

I havn't used it yet, but when my rifle makes it back to me I will put bulletflight through it paces. I do know several guys that use it as their primary software on their ipod touches and they do have others that they use to use on PDA's. I have heard nothing but praises. However i was also told to get the $30 version.

FYI the boy's protecting us from oversees are using bulletflight on Iphones and Ipods everyday, so it can't be bad.

‘‘To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them...’’ — Richard Henry Lee, 1787