Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

I.O.R. first impressions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2004, 10:25 AM
Bronze Member

Re: I.O.R. first impressions

Hi folks should have the replacement by 10oclock tomorrow,which is impressive by any standards.
700.Hi the u.k importer is THE RIFLE STORE Ltd 0870 770 1941....www.theriflestore.com get this months Shooting Sports their is an article on I.O.R. I also orderd a 20moa taper base for a long action Win which came with the scope, which turned out to be a short action base.they contacted I.O.R who then said they only make for Remington LA bases.Some thing got lost in the translation I surpose,I thought their were not any other rifles than Winchester [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I was impressed with the optic and all of its functions I hope that I am right with my first impression [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-16-2004, 11:12 AM
Silver Member

Aficionado

Thany you for the info.

I ordered a 6x42 Tacticle direct from Romanian last year as I could not find a local dealer.

Purchase price was Euros 271.00. add on Euros 60 for shipping, 40.00 Euros for the Swift funds order, and Euros 80.00 for the VAT and duty, total Euros 451.00.

This works out at Sterling 292.00 which is exactly what your dealer is charging.

Lucky you, if something goes wrong I will have to send my scope to Romania.

I got a 1 year warrenty and you have 2 year warrenty.

Next time I will purchase from your dealer.

Rgds

Old 04-28-2004, 01:52 PM

IOR Guys,

I have several IOR scopes. The M2, 2.5-10, and the TGA spotting scope. My 2.5-10 is SUPER clear and tracks great: VERY REPEATRABLE. The overall fit and finish seems to be lacking though. For example, on the elevation and windage turrets have no indicator as to which is up, down, left, or right. Granted this is not a big deal...but it is a nuisance.

I recently purchased a 4-14x50 with the second plane reticle and side focus knob (this is the "new style"). The scope had SERIOUS problems. First, the eyepiece was loose. Secondly, the power ring seemed to "grind the" lens when changing power AND the rubber ring around the diopter adjustment was loose or too big. Thirdly, the reticle would not come into focus (which may very well be associated with the other eyepiece issues). I spoke with the IOR importer and sent the scope back for warranty. After two weeks I received a NEW scope (literally BRAND NEW can't complain about that). But it gets worse. The second scope had the same issue with the rubber piece being too big on the diopter PLUS the rubber piece on the power ring was too big. Frustrating but again no big deal. I mounted the scope on my 700PSS with a 20 MOA tapered base and headed to the range to zero it in. I finally got it zeroed, but much to my dismay I only had 6 MOA of upward elevation adjustment WITH a 100 yard zero. Had I been using a standard flat base, I would not have been able to zero it at all. I think the product is a good value but the quality control is lacking. Leupold has upgraded their optics and I'm thinking of trying on of those.
Old 04-28-2004, 04:18 PM
Platinum Member

1 year warranty, 2 year warranty???????? What the???????? No lifetime?????

TackDriven,
Thanks for your review, and welcome to LRH! Good luck with it. I'm still on wait and hear status, thankfully it seems.
Old 04-29-2004, 10:43 AM
Bronze Member

The Warrenty Certificate that I have has the scope serial number written on it,date of delivery,signature and stamp.It states a World wide warrenty for 30years as long as it is owned by the original purchaser.during the first two years they cover all costs for materials and work.