Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

I have scope issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-07-2009, 06:12 PM
Platinum Member

Re: I have scope issues

phorwath,
I think Sightron must be having the same problem with all their S3's as I have had one on order for over 2 months( couldn't afford another Nightforce at the time) and still no sign of it. I heard one of the co-owners sold out. Might be effecting their delivery times.

Unread 07-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Sightron SIII 6-24x50mm LR mil-dot

There could be bigger problems. I couldn't say one way or the other. To be clear, I only asked about this one Sightron SIII scope, and what I reported is what I was told. I believe it fair to say that I came away with the belief that the problem was primarily, if not solely, with the 6-24x50mm LR mil-dot. On the other hand, that was the only scope model I called to ask about, and there was no discussion about any of their other models.

I'm neither blaming nor defending Sightron. Just passing on the information as it was provided to me.

Which scope are you unable to find?
Unread 07-07-2009, 07:11 PM
Silver Member

not to hijack this thread, but I have been looking at a Leupold VXIII 30mm 4x14 LR. Is the Sightron 3 a better scope? ( about equal $ )
Unread 07-07-2009, 07:29 PM
Platinum Member

The Sightron SIII glass quality is top notch, better than the Leupold, but the SIII isn't available in that power range. They offer 3.5-10x, 6-24x, and 8-32x variable power scopes in their SIII line of riflescopes. Check out the Sightron web site for the variable power range and reticle options.
Unread 07-08-2009, 12:50 AM
Silver Member

Glad to see the thread is getting some attention. Every thing I have studied about the sightron 3 rates the glass above all the Leupolds. I read on the savage shooters forum that the new sightron 3 was going to be a 10-50x65mm. That is what I read a 65mm objective. That would be like mounting a spotting scope to the top of your riffle. It was also mentioned that a new rectical similar to the March scopes was coming. Looked like the NP-R2. That would be great with matched turrets and avialble on all the models, I guess we will see.

OK so here is a question what does Sightron do about the warranty of replacing the entire scope when the suppliers are out of stock? Do they keep a few on hand for this? I bring it up because I called nearly every dealer listed and they all said the same thing, OUT OF STOCK. So one of them calls me back and says my scope will be in Thursday or Friday. WOW how did he get one? I will call him back tomorow and make sure it is the S3 LRMD but that is cool.

I know what is going to happen though, I will pick up a mil dot scope and they will release a new rectical by the end of the year. At least I'll have the scope in time for the season.

I'll keep everyone informed as to his ability to get any more or if it is infact the correct model to begin with.

BT
Unread 07-08-2009, 01:02 AM
Silver Member

Happy,

I have spent alot of time over at the snipers hide forums where that falcon is getting alot of attention. There has been no word of the new model even avialable on the market yet. That scope says it is brand new. It would be a good option and has gotten some good reviews. The only down side I have found is shooter's complaining about the touchy eye relief but that was on the 4-16x scope. I don't know if I'm sold yet on the FFP idea as I like the rectical to not get bigger as I crank up the power. Still a pretty nice scope for $500.

I bet that scope will sell quick or bid higher if any of those sniper members catch a glimps of it.

BT
Unread 07-08-2009, 01:18 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5x300 View Post
OK so here is a question what does Sightron do about the warranty of replacing the entire scope when the suppliers are out of stock? Do they keep a few on hand for this?

I'll keep everyone informed as to his ability to get any more or if it is infact the correct model to begin with.

BT
Dunno, but I expect we'd be S-O-L.

10-4. Please let us know if you luck into a mil-dot scope.

I was in general terms told they expect to receive a couple smaller shipments in August, and then a larger batch in September. It was felt the August batches may be spoken for, but that the early September batch should be large enough to catch up and resupply their distributors.