Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

I have scope issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-05-2009, 06:10 PM
Silver Member

Re: I have scope issues

Good to hear that sightron is going to get some new rectical options. How much higher power then 8-32X are they planing on going? Hope they can get a MOA rectical option similar to the NP-R2. Hope it doesn't raise the price to much.

This makes my choice a little easier since they will not be out till elk season or latter for me I will go with a starter scope now and get the new Sightron latter.

Thanks,

BT

Unread 07-07-2009, 12:21 AM
Silver Member

I cant believe somebody has not suggested the IOR line. I love mine and I love the retical!! Give them a look there are very nice top end scopes.
Unread 07-07-2009, 12:30 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dariuszczyszczon View Post
Talked with sightron last and there are coming out with more reticle options and a new i higher powered scope but not until ocober or november. All i need is a 6x24 mildot and i still need to wait another 60 days. bummer
dariuszczyszczon,
Sightron staff recently told you that they were going to manufacture their SIII series of riflescopes with additional reticle options, and those additional reticle options should be available for purchase in SIII scopes in October or November, 2009?

If so, that would be nice. A 4-16X variable power option would also help fill in the gap in their existing SIII variable power range options.
Unread 07-07-2009, 01:48 AM
Silver Member

I'll check out the IOR. I have seen and read their reviews, no doubt they are a top notch scope. I suppose I could save more but I figured a $750 S3 was about the limit I was going to get away with spending. I recall a good looking IOR on the sales forum for about a grand used, not sure how much a new one would set me back.

Which IOR scope is that you have?

Did some quick shopping around and to get the power range I'm looking for a new IOR would run about $1500, some day maybe but just don't have that much $ in the budget right now.

Thanks,

BT

Last edited by 6.5x300; 07-07-2009 at 01:59 AM.
Unread 07-07-2009, 06:25 AM
Silver Member

I have a 4-14x50 and a 6-24x50 IOR they are very nice quality.. However I have had really good luck with my falcon menace scope, its very clear repeatable adjustments every time. takes abuse well. All in all for the money I think it is what you are looking for. Here is one on gun trader.
Falcon Optics Menace Scope FFP 5.5-25x56 M25EMD : Scopes / Optics at GunBroker.com
Unread 07-07-2009, 08:38 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorwath View Post
dariuszczyszczon,
Sightron staff recently told you that they were going to manufacture their SIII series of riflescopes with additional reticle options, and those additional reticle options should be available for purchase in SIII scopes in October or November, 2009?

If so, that would be nice. A 4-16X variable power option would also help fill in the gap in their existing SIII variable power range options.
Sightron is going to come out with a 10 X 50 x 50 high powered scope with a couple types of reticles. But nothing is set in stone they are still working on it. they are focosing on the long range and target shooters. This one may be out in oct/nov?
Unread 07-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Update SIII 6-24x50mm LR Mil-Dot

I decided what the heck and called the Sightron folks a couple hours ago. The man I talked with told me their supply problem with the SIII 6-24x50mm LR mil-dot reticle scopes was the result of a failure on their part to place the proper order with their supplying factory. They simply failed to place a production order for the mil-dot reticle version.

They expect to be getting some scopes in August but because of the number already back-ordered, some of these scopes are already spoken for. So it may not be until ~September when the supply of these specific SIII scopes is sufficient to meet their wholesaler demand and become available for purchase. Bottom line - plan on September unless you've already got one backordered.

Last edited by phorwath; 07-07-2009 at 06:05 PM.