Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Huskemaw Warranty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 05:45 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Huskemaw Warranty

The most incredible warranty experience I ever had was with Browning. About 20 years ago a Pidgeon Grade Superposed I bought developed a 1/2" chip at the wrist/receiver junction. The shotgun was built 20 years or so before that and I was not the original owner. I called them about a repair and they said just send it in we will get back to you. Didn't hear a thing for a month until the gun arrived back at my house with a totally replaced forearm and butt with a high grade stock that would melt your heart. All the metalwork was freshened as well and the the gun mechanically cleaned and checked. No charge, not even shipping! Turned out that the year my shotgun was produced, a bad batch of walnut that had high salt content slipped into the supply and they had a policy to replace them. That was 40 years after the problem, and new ownership!

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
Old 06-29-2012, 08:08 PM
Bronze Member

I bought the lr 1000 package and got the huskemaw,it works well and the rifle shoots great.At high elevation or in freezeing temps the scope is not as clear as others i have.I have no other troubles with the scope,i shot an elk at 846 yds last week so the whole package works.I just dont have faith in the optics clarity,so i am going to send it to gunworks and have it replaced with the nightforce.For the 3 years i shot the gun it always worked as desiged and the scope tracked flawlessly but the clarity issue has me on the edge, the scope has worked without failure for at least 500 rounds and that says it is a good product so far.I will keep the scope and use it on a smaller caliber and hopefully it will not fail.If i have troubles i will try out the warranty,but i did not get any paper work for warranty so i will call and try to get it.I think it was over priced but it does work like they said. I would like to hear from someone that has dealt with the warrnty on these.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:15 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullelk6 View Post
I bought the lr 1000 package and got the huskemaw,it works well and the rifle shoots great.At high elevation or in freezeing temps the scope is not as clear as others i have.I have no other troubles with the scope,i shot an elk at 846 yds last week so the whole package works.I just dont have faith in the optics clarity,so i am going to send it to gunworks and have it replaced with the nightforce.For the 3 years i shot the gun it always worked as desiged and the scope tracked flawlessly but the clarity issue has me on the edge, the scope has worked without failure for at least 500 rounds and that says it is a good product so far.I will keep the scope and use it on a smaller caliber and hopefully it will not fail.If i have troubles i will try out the warranty,but i did not get any paper work for warranty so i will call and try to get it.I think it was over priced but it does work like they said. I would like to hear from someone that has dealt with the warrnty on these.
I would have it checked out. The three I have are a good as my NF's under those conditions.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
Old 06-30-2012, 11:33 PM
Bronze Member

I am at the end of my new build on a 7 ulta mag,when it is done the scope is going for warrnaty,problem is best of the west and gunwerks split the sheets.I am going to have it replaced with the new nightforce model.It works well just gets like ahaze in it when cold or damp.I will use it till my new stick is done next week.WE are going to hunt elk in the am and im sure it will do the job.It has served me well and never let me down.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Silver Member

I have 3 Huskemaws and 1 G7 Nightforce. I cant tell any difference in the clarity of the 4. As far as warranty goes of all the Leopulds Zeiss and Huskemaws I have owned Leopulds are the only ones I have had to send in for repairs. I like using the scopes that no one knows if they stand behind their warranty because no one has to send them in.