Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

huskemaw vs leupold Mark

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2012, 12:18 AM

huskemaw vs leupold Mark

Huskemaw blue diamond 5-20 how are they? Want it for for Cooper Phoenix for long range. How are they vs the leupold Mark
Old 01-01-2012, 03:09 AM
Platinum Member

Re: huskemaw vs leupold Mark

I have that scope on my Cooper 52 in 6.5x284. It's my favorite rig. It's an outstanding scope that meets all claims. To my eyes the glass is better than my Mark 4's and equal to my my Nightforce scopes. Also have two other Huskemaws on my other LR rigs. It's all I will buy now for my hunting rifles. All have worked flawlessly. Have had issues with tracking with one of my Mark 4's. It's Ok now that it was repaired.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
Old 01-01-2012, 03:51 AM

My Phoenix is in the 6.5x284 also cant wait to shoot it... So you would recommend the huskemaw blue diamond? I heard bad things about the first huskemaw. So wanted to see what people Thot about the new one. You have not had tracking problems with the blue diamond? How is the glass clarity and brightness in low light? Thanks for you info
Old 01-01-2012, 09:10 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krake22002 View Post
My Phoenix is in the 6.5x284 also cant wait to shoot it... So you would recommend the huskemaw blue diamond? I heard bad things about the first huskemaw. So wanted to see what people Thot about the new one. You have not had tracking problems with the blue diamond? How is the glass clarity and brightness in low light? Thanks for you info
Yes, I would get the Blue Diamond, I have two of these, and, the first (standard one), all in 5x20. The Blue Diamond has more MOA segments on the windage Reticle, higher quality glass, cemented lenses like the Nightforce, and high visibility elevation turrets. I have had the standard model mounted on my LRH, also in 6.5x284 for a few years. No tracking problems with this one, or the two Blue Diamonds. It was the excellent performance of the first one that convinced me to buy the others. I would also say that the quality of the glass in the first one is still equal or better than my other scopes. Low light performance is the same as my Nightforce and Leupolds on all of them. I would also comment that all the turrets I have had made are exactly as specified. I know several others that have had experiences with the Huskemaw similar to mine. There are a lot of negative posts on the Huskemaw, particularly on this site, that I had also read. Fact is, most are based on opinion, not experience. I'm glad I ignored them, it's a good scope!

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
Old 01-01-2012, 12:14 PM

Thanks for the info. I will call and talk to best of West the a little more. Wish I could find a place where I could look thru a blue diamond. And did you do all your data yourself then send in for your dials . Or did you just let best of the west do it all so it was ready to 1000 yards?
Old 01-01-2012, 12:15 PM

Thanks for the info. I will call and talk to best of the west a little more. Wish I could find a place where I could look thru a blue diamond first . And did you do all your data yourself then send in for your dials . Or did you just let best of the west do it all so it was ready to 1000 yards?
Old 01-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Silver Member

I also have the blue diamond on my 338 rum and in my opinion, much better than a leupold. Id even go as far to say that these aren't in the same class.