Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics


Reply

huskemaw scope issue

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #8  
Old 07-16-2013, 05:40 PM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Burlington WY
Posts: 85
Re: huskemaw scope issue

The Huskemaw is not 1/3 MOA. It is .3438 per click. Find a program that will let you input a custom MOA for the click value.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-16-2013, 06:24 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Northeast
Posts: 2,258
Re: huskemaw scope issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
The Huskemaw is not 1/3 MOA. It is .3438 per click. Find a program that will let you input a custom MOA for the click value.
The two Huskemaw 5x20's that I have( one standard and one Blue Diamond) are 3 clicks per 1 MOA as indicated on the turret. That equates to .333/click. Additionally, I have range tested both for turret accuracy to 30 MOA of elevation and that test indicates .33/click for both scopes. Is you value of .3438 a result of actual field testing?
__________________

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-16-2013, 06:29 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: SW Montana
Posts: 4,439
Re: huskemaw scope issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
The two Huskemaw 5x20's that I have( one standard and one Blue Diamond) are 3 clicks per 1 MOA as indicated on the turret. That equates to .333/click. Additionally, I have range tested both for turret accuracy to 30 MOA of elevation and that test indicates .33/click for both scopes. Is you value of .3438 a result of actual field testing?
1/3 MOA is .349 measured inches at 100 yards with one MOA equaling 1.047 inches.
__________________
High Fence, Low Fence, Stuck in the Fence, if I can Tag it and Eat it, it's Hunting!

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-16-2013, 07:31 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Northeast
Posts: 2,258
Re: huskemaw scope issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
The Huskemaw is not 1/3 MOA. It is .3438 per click. Find a program that will let you input a custom MOA for the click value.
Agreed, it is .3438 inches per click. But it is 1/3MOA per click.
__________________

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-16-2013, 11:30 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 121
Re: huskemaw scope issue

I rechronographed my load today in different conditions and the velocity was much slower than previously recorded. I think that I got a misreading as the day I got 3373 was a bright sunny day with direct sunlight and had some ill effects on my chronograph. im now at an avg of 3144
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-17-2013, 12:56 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greencastle, PA
Posts: 266
Re: huskemaw scope issue

The blue diamond that I had said .36" per click at 100 yards on the turret and had 60 clicks or 6 mils per turn. That is .1 mil if my math is correct.

Glad you got it figured out...just can't trust the chrony. I had the opposite problem, it was telling me I was slower and I was missing by 1.5 MOA high at 1000.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-03-2013, 12:08 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 128
Re: huskemaw scope issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8andbait View Post
The blue diamond that I had said .36" per click at 100 yards on the turret and had 60 clicks or 6 mils per turn. That is .1 mil if my math is correct.

Glad you got it figured out...just can't trust the chrony. I had the opposite problem, it was telling me I was slower and I was missing by 1.5 MOA high at 1000.
3-12's and 5-20's have slightly different click values.. for whatever reason, the 3-12's are in-fact .36 The guys at Huskemaw will have to give you explanation on that, I can't recall the exact explanation I was given, but it is a fact that the two have a slight difference in gearing.

And I do believe 8andbait has it right regarding the mil comment*

In regard to you guys' chrony mis-reads.. what time'a day are you shooting ?? For best readings a guys gotta shoot while the sun is at it's highest AND try time shots during similar sky/cloud condition* If clear, good. If clouded completely, good. IF SUN/CLOUD MIX... not so good! IF SHOOTING IN THE EVENING WHEN SUN IS LOW... (or early morning) not good either* ...you get the drift

Sun at it's highest (+/-) and during "constant" sky condition* Shoot then and you're readings will be more accurate. Average your readings and use (them) as your ballistic-inputs... world of difference when the "lighting" varies
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Current Poll
Do You Shoot Rifle Competition?
YES - 33.41%
769 Votes
NO - 66.59%
1,533 Vote
Total Votes: 2,302
You may not vote on this poll.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC