Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

The thread is closed

Huskemaw Blue Diamond??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 11:48 PM
Silver Member

Huskemaw Blue Diamond??

Looking for more information on the new Huskemaw Blue Diamond scope. The descriptions on their site are the same so it doesn't say what the advantages are and changes to justify the cost difference. I will say I actually did get to look through this scope at the Hunt Expo in Salt Lake. I looked through this and one of the older models side by side and there was a clear difference but never really was told there what the difference was as the booth was very busy. I did buy the Beyond Belief 2 video as well as the new How to dope wind video. The wind video is very very good and I am now strongly considering the Husk as a purchase as I really like the simplicity of it. I however have not been impressed with the optics of the Husk and am really hoping the Blue Diamond is the answer to this???
Old 02-22-2011, 10:33 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Huskemaw Blue Diamond??

If you where not liking the Huskamaw optics, why not look at a Nightforce,g7 which is basically the same shooting system,turrets etc. that you like, in a bullet proof package. Lookthem up at gseven.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:34 PM
Silver Member

Already been looking at them. Very nice! I just hadnt seen mention of these scopes on here yet so I thought I would bring it up for discussion. Thanks for the reply and sound advice for sure.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:44 PM
Silver Member

So nobody knows anything more about this scope yet?
Old 02-28-2011, 12:10 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sako7STW View Post
So nobody knows anything more about this scope yet?
I had one on my .300 RUM and I could never get the thing to shoot. I was about to run the gun over with my tractor until I decided to switch scopes and see if it was the gun or my optics. I put on a Night Force NXS 5.5-22x56 and it grouped in the 2s and 3s at a 100yds. Thank God I didn't fire up my tractor! Aaron Davidson I believe no longer has any affiliation with Huskemaw Scopes and has teamed up with Night Force... That should be plenty of a reason to stay away from them. I sent mine back to Huskemaw and they sent me a new scope. I called them to see if they did any testing on the scope (because I wanted to see what had failed on it) and they said it was easier to just exchange it than to do any further testing on it... I would stay clear of Huskemaw and spend an extra $700 and get the best glass on the market. I will only buy Night Force here on out! I asked them for a refund and they said no way?! I guess I will try to sell it on ebay or craigslist...
Old 02-28-2011, 01:13 PM
Silver Member

805 Sniper how much do you want for that piece of junk?
Old 02-28-2011, 03:59 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Roper View Post
805 Sniper how much do you want for that piece of junk?
$1000 + Shipping
The thread is closed