Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Huskamaw scope

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2011, 02:01 PM

Huskamaw scope

I am looking at a new scope and realy like the idea of the Huskamaw. Of course I live in northern canada and there is nowhere that I can actualy look at/through one. I am a bit sceptical to spend that kind of $$ on something when I can't even look at or hold it. That is a lot of $$ for me to sped on a scope so I want to make sure I will be happy with it. I want to do this right the first time. What kind of quality are these scopes and do they work as good as the ads say they do.
Thanks
Old 09-30-2011, 03:17 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Huskamaw scope

I own two of them. Liked the first one so much that I went and bought another. Yes it does everything they claim. I have used them extensively on both targets and game out to 1000 yards(whitetail at 998 yards). I also own three Nightforces and four Leupold MK 4's. I like the Huskemaw better than the Leupolds and haven't found that they give much or anything up to my Nightforces. Resolution and brightness are excellent, even in low light, and the turret adjustments are exact and repeatable. The numerical parallax values match up to the ranges on the dial, and the 1 MOA windage marks on the reticle are precise as well. The support staff was very helpful and responsive when I was ordering turrets, which matched my ballistics charts to the click. The only watch out is while I like the weight and short length, the tube area for mounting the scope rings is rather short. It fits my Cooper fine, but the Savage long action is very tight. Depending on your rifle and required eye relief, you may need extended mounts or a rail. I know there has been some controversy about this scope on this site, but my experience has been very positive. I will mount another one on my next rifle for sure.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
Old 09-30-2011, 09:08 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
I know there has been some controversy about this scope on this site, but my experience has been very positive. I will mount another one on my next rifle for sure.
I have used Huskemaw exclusively for the last 4 years and have no negatives. It does what it says it does - now you be the judge as far as price versus what you want.

There are a ton of people that will say it is overpriced and this and that are better optics - and for them I say - go buy what you want.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:56 PM

Thanks for the replys guys. I have been looking for some time now and have always come back to the huskamaw. I hope to see one in my near future.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:30 PM
Bronze Member

I have had 1 for 2 years, it does what it says. This year there will be 2 more on the lease, the guys were impressed on the 662 yard shot. Its a lot of money, but I'm happy.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:57 PM
PUBLISHER

This is my 3rd season using Huskemaw scopes.

Buy Huskemaw here at LRH Gear Shop

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 10-12-2011, 11:01 AM
Silver Member

Got a few questions about this scope.

1. Knowing that this scope is 2nd focal plane how well does this rifle shoot at shorter ranges using diferent magnifactions? Can you crank it down to 10 power and shoot the same as 20 power?
2. How well is this scope in low light conditions?