Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

How would you spec the ideal rangefinder for LR purposes?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-23-2006, 07:57 PM
Silver Member
Re: How would you spec the ideal rangefinder for LR purposes?

Heck, pretty much everything listed above would be awesome. The only thing I would add is have a separate power button, that way the button to shoot the laser could be made to work like a rifle trigger - only a light press needed and that it would break like a glass rod. The buttons on the rangefinders now are too heavy for really accurate long range finding.
I keep nature balanced - I hunt everything!

Unread 06-23-2006, 10:08 PM
Re: How would you spec the ideal rangefinder for LR purposes?

For true long range shooting, well past the 1k mark I would love to see a spotting scope with ranging capabilites. Something along the lines of what Kirby mentioned in the reticle and illumination ablitity.

Have the trigger be like a rifle trigger, so crisp it didnt effect the image stability. Maybe something like the Rem Etronx trigger.

use the variable power of the spotter to be able to zoom into a very specific spot and the pull the trigger without the image moving and a PRECISE range would be the result.

this probably wont happen so until then the Swaro will work great, though i wish they would change the aimpoint.

Steve Elmenhorst
Third Generation Shooting Supply
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST