Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

How much magnification is too much?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2003, 10:17 PM
Bronze Member

Re: How much magnification is too much?

I am going to send it back and I love the life time warranty. However, consider this is a new-in-box scope. It just cut my Burris experience in half. New owner should not have to send new scope back to factory to get it right? That's what QA is for? I do love that ballastic mildot reticle and am thinking of getting another black diamond with the side focus. But I also own a few Leupolds and never had this kind of problem with the Lupies. So I am back wondering "black diamond" or "leupold LR".
Old 03-26-2003, 10:38 PM
Platinum Member

Take a look at the new Nikon Tactical, believe it is in that price range also.
Old 03-26-2003, 11:04 PM
Platinum Member

There was another topic on Burris scope quality and customer service no too long ago at Accurate Reloading... more of the same problems. I'd do a search over there and read up first.

I know many have had good luck with the quality and service but the ones that haven't, and some are real, real bad, they scare the crap out of me so I steer clear of em.

QC should have caught that, but if lots of them look like that you never know if they just let em go and deal with the ones that complain about it.

I have a 2-7 Burris on my Savage Striker 308win I got with the pistol, I'm crossin my fingers until I can replace it with a high power Leupold rifle scope. The posi-lock on mine don't cut it if you dial in for your distance. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]