Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

How hard is it to set up a Huskemaw ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2009, 02:58 AM

How hard is it to set up a Huskemaw ?

I am thinking of buying a Huskemaw scope for my .300WBY mag, and am wondering if anyone has any experiences, good or bad, that they can share with me....My main question is how difficult is it to set up for the range compensating turret?
Old 12-17-2009, 07:06 AM
Platinum Member

Re: How hard is it to set up a Huskemaw ?

Great scope. Have had one for over a year. Very easy to set up. Can't go wrong with this scope. There is a review on the scope somewhere on this site. Look at the bottom of this page, and you will see links to other posts reguarding Huskemaw.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:15 AM
SPONSOR

Huskemaw 5-20 LR Scope Review
Old 12-17-2009, 10:14 AM
Gold Member

Getting shooting data to get your turret built is not hard - in fact it is very easy if you have a place to shoot and the wind doesn't drive you nuts. Switched to a Huskemaw last spring and used it all this past hunting season - very satisfied. This scope weighs a lot more than what I had been used to and it put a noticeable difference in the feel of an existing rifle I put it on. That is not a negative but be aware this scope has some weight to it. If you ever have any particular questions that you want a second opinion on just drop me a PM and I'd be more than willing to give you my $ .02 opinion. It takes some getting used to in the heat of the battle but I have no negative comments on the scope. Having never been a turret twister before this scope - you have to turn it back to zero though after your shot - or your next one goes where your last one was set for - trust me - I know.