Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

high value low cost optics, scopes binoculars, spotters ect.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2013, 09:27 PM
Platinum Member

Re: high value low cost optics, scopes binoculars, spotters ect.

I shot it a couple times. Certainly not a wimp's rifle. Kicks like a mule. About double my 308.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:37 PM
Silver Member

OHhhh Dear, Seems like Tasco Has made it into the Movie's, SO that settles it they Must be the BEST Scopes on Earth !!!! Lol

John
Old 05-22-2013, 02:03 PM

a lot of guys say optics is what makes long shots possible. well there were many matches shot at over 1000 yds with BP 45/70's and their crude sites. then other guys say optics make the rifle well there were millions of men killed in all the wars with open sites and I doubt they think the rifles were no good. the Russian sniper with the most kills in history did it with iron sites on his mosin. buffalo were shot at over 1500 yds with open sites. I shot M1A's at 600 with the peep sites. optics make it easier that is it like taking a quad to your hunting spot instead of walking
Old 05-22-2013, 02:22 PM
Silver Member

Well from what I see within this thread cheap optics are great and they do make shooting fun if your on a limited Budget and weather we use peep sights , NightForce scopes to the ever popular Tasco's its the Magic of the moment of shooting that really matters, Just like cars and Trucks they dont know what badge it on them But we do and that is where the problem is,

If its a chevy, ford or Dodge it will still get you there if used correctly, and a Rifle will still hit the Target weather its got a High or Low budget scope or Good ole Iron sights,

John
Old 05-22-2013, 02:52 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uka View Post
the Russian sniper with the most kills in history did it with iron sites
That would be a Finnish sniper, Simo Häyhä. He didn't use optics simply because it allowed him to keep his head lower.

Simo Häyhä - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

His kills were fairly short distance as most sniper kills are.

High quality optics will allow you to hunt at poor conditions and, where allowed, with moonlight during night. Poor optics will not and some will make you cut your hunt short due to no visibility.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:28 PM

Sami you are correct it was when the Russians invaded finland but are you sure about the close shots? seems easy to get return fire. there is no doubt good optics make it a lot easier. Remember the palma matches shot at 1000 yds by highly modified rifles mostly .308 and aperture sites what those guys do is amazing. a good read is to look up a guy named pope who made his own barrels and shot offhand at unbelievable ranges. I forgot his first name
Old 05-22-2013, 08:39 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uka View Post
.308 and aperture sites what those guys do is amazing.
They are the sights that I used when I first shot with .308,

and they are extremely accurite

John