Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

high value low cost optics, scopes binoculars, spotters ect.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 03:35 PM
Silver Member

Re: high value low cost optics, scopes binoculars, spotters ect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
Got one of these and it's been holding up just fine for the last 1.5 years of range abuse.

Konus M-30 Tactical Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 8.5-32x 52mm 1/10 MIL

I haven't found a better quality scope with as many features for $350...The glass is nice and clear, the lens coating is nice, and the turrets are pretty precise.

Thats not a bad piece of kit, I like the 1/8 moa clicks, if they hold up they could ruffle a few feathers,

john
Old 05-06-2013, 03:56 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildot1960 View Post
Thats not a bad piece of kit, I like the 1/8 moa clicks, if they hold up they could ruffle a few feathers,

john
I have been fairly impressed with it, for the price. I mean, it sure ain't no NF or Zeiss....But I wouldn't hesitate to put it up against other scopes in the $0 to $750 category.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:05 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
I have been fairly impressed with it, for the price. I mean, it sure ain't no NF or Zeiss....But I wouldn't hesitate to put it up against other scopes in the $0 to $750 category.
Thats the spirit !!

Good to see A person just enjoying the sport for what it is,

Think I might check em out myself theres always room for more in my world

John
Old 05-06-2013, 04:28 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Thats the spirit !!

Good to see A person just enjoying the sport for what it is,

Think I might check em out myself theres always room for more in my world

John
Yep....It's hard seeing all the guys out there with their NF's and S&B's and you have a $350 scope on a nice rifle....But you get over it once you start slinging lead downrange, and stacking them in nice cloverleafs.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Old 05-06-2013, 04:52 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
I own many differing priced optics from 150 up to 1800+ but they dont have anything to do with this topic,

Yes Zeiss is Ultra cool, and these guys will move up that ladder as they get past the basics as their skills grow along with the sheer desire to want to get better and better and keep going with this hobby/Skill

congrats on the Optics, (A thing of Beauty)

John
Ive HAD Tasco stuff....and also kicked my own ass for spending the $$ for it and not keeping it to get something more upscale.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:59 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully2 View Post
Ive HAD Tasco stuff....and also kicked my own ass for spending the $$ for it and not keeping it to get something more upscale.
I have a Tasco World Class I've had for 15 years that cost $100 when new, and it's still alive and kicking...

It is possible for cheap things to last longer than more expensive things. Although it is rare. Usually, in the shooting world, expensive items will outlast the cheap ones...

Quote:
Old 05-06-2013, 05:16 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
I have a Tasco World Class I've had for 15 years that cost $100 when new, and it's still alive and kicking...

It is possible for cheap things to last longer than more expensive things. Although it is rare. Usually, in the shooting world, expensive items will outlast the cheap ones...

My old spotting scope is a Tasco World Class and only now am I going to buy another one just because some of them Have ranging Reticles in them, But saying that the rotary controls on it are still firm and smooth as silk, I can read .22 holes at 150/200 yds at a pinch with the thing, and I just bought a new tripod like the Military ones for about $40.00 and its just about perfect Oh and I bought it in 1997,

PS, were you that young man that was waiting to be served in the shop when they were taking my money,LOL

John