Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

High End Binoculars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2008, 12:30 AM

Hey guys thanks for the info, we hunt out of elevated houses in the early AM and late PM so low light is my main priority, I have actually missed being able to shoot a nice buck due to not being able to identify until he was out of range. Scott just for that offer you have got in my good graces, when I get ready to really start looking I will probably take you up on that offer. I have no vortex dealer around here. I have been reading on exit pupil diameter and the 10x50's are sounding better, even the 8.5x42's sound pretty good, longest distance I need is 1000 yards and that is the way max 600 is more realistic. I hunt mostly open country CRP fields. Thanks guys.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:49 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linksmechanic View Post
That depends. If you are trying to pick an antler out of the trees or bushes at 5 a.m. the swaros would then be worth twice as much and maybe a finger or 2. I have picked stuff up in low light with the swaros that I can never seem to find with my zeiss or leica's. I feel the leica's are super sharp but not as bright as the swaro's. I have looked through the razor's and there sharp but I don't believe they are 95% swaro's or leicas. Just my opinion but when I say swaros are bright I mean they hurt your eyes in the daylight.
You're not supposed to look at the sun... :eek: Just kidding!
Old 07-11-2008, 07:37 AM
Bronze Member

swarovski

I just sent my 7x42 swar. in because over the last 15 years they dont seem as bright as they used to. I am getting harder to impress also. They said that many small scratches on the lens were the cause and it would cost $160 for new lens. Not bad, but not free? Wonder why?
Old 07-11-2008, 12:13 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfpack14 View Post
Hey guys thanks for the info, we hunt out of elevated houses in the early AM and late PM so low light is my main priority, I have actually missed being able to shoot a nice buck due to not being able to identify until he was out of range. Scott just for that offer you have got in my good graces, when I get ready to really start looking I will probably take you up on that offer. I have no vortex dealer around here. I have been reading on exit pupil diameter and the 10x50's are sounding better, even the 8.5x42's sound pretty good, longest distance I need is 1000 yards and that is the way max 600 is more realistic. I hunt mostly open country CRP fields. Thanks guys.

Thank you sir. Anytime I can be of assistance just let me know. After seeing your requirements, I'm convinced you wuill be quite thrilled with the Razor's, and have lots of $$ left over for ammo and other stuff!

Scott
Old 07-11-2008, 12:20 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamehauler View Post
Scott,
Would you like to make that offer to me?
I am not a guide but have several friends who are.
We can put your optics to the test and would give you/web site
a review.
Mike

Mike,

I appreciate that, but I don't want to pay someone else to test the optics. I've put them through their paces and I'm already convinced of their quality and value, which is why I recommend them. If you were interested in the Razor's I would give you a very good deal. If the fact you never looked through a pair is holding up your purchase then the offer stands.

Scott
Old 07-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgetsniper View Post
OOoh thats sounds like a good deal if ur willin scott id like to take that offer! I gotta talk2 my dad about that seen as weve been lookin at gettin a pair of binocs 2 share

Brother,

I'm a veteran of selling IOR optics on Sniper's Hide. You'll have to sharpen your spear a little more to penetrate this thick hide.

Scott
Old 07-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Silver Member

Before you shell out thousands of dollars for glass take a look through some Alpen Rainiers next to some Liecas or swaros. You might be surprised!