Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

High End Binoculars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2008, 09:30 PM

High End Binoculars

Hey guys

I am looking at getting some new binoculars, I kind of have my choices narrowed my choices down to Leica, swarovski, and ziess. I want a 10 x 42's and the biggest factor in my choice is low light visibility and image quality. Are there any big differences between these brands are their any others that I should be looking at? Thanks
Old 07-09-2008, 10:12 AM
Silver Member

All of the brands you mentioned are excellent. Clarity and light should all be very close, although I would give Swarovski a slight edge. The big difference on these is the warranty. Swaro blows the other guys out of the water when it comes to warranty work. I have scratched my 15's twice (my fault both times) and Swarovski fixed them for free both times and even paid for next day shipping to get them to me. They even offered to send me a loaner pair when a part was on order. Best service in the business by a long ways
Old 07-09-2008, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coues Sniper View Post
All of the brands you mentioned are excellent. Clarity and light should all be very close, although I would give Swarovski a slight edge. The big difference on these is the warranty. Swaro blows the other guys out of the water when it comes to warranty work. I have scratched my 15's twice (my fault both times) and Swarovski fixed them for free both times and even paid for next day shipping to get them to me. They even offered to send me a loaner pair when a part was on order. Best service in the business by a long ways
That was my next question, I have heard that about them, I was told I could throw mine off a cliff and as long as I could send them a part and proof of purchase they would send me a new set. How is the warranty on the other brands. Thanks
Old 07-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Silver Member

i have the geovids and i love them. they are very clear. i hunt with guys who have the swaros and they are great also. i personally dont like zeiss optics that just my opinion. go with leica or swaro you will be happy you spent the extra....
Old 07-10-2008, 10:22 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfpack14 View Post
How is the warranty on the other brands. Thanks
Not nearly as good. You can expect to pay for any repairs that are not a defect.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:39 AM
Silver Member

I have had the swarovskis and like the leicas better. I also went with the geovids. I never had to use the warranty from either company.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:51 AM
Silver Member

If you are willing to shell out for the Swaros, then seriously consider the Vortex Razor 10x42. It's not European optics, but the glass, coatings, and manufacturing detail are very top notch, the performance of the binos is stunning and I'm willing to bet indistinguishable from the high end Euro stuff if you ran a blind bino test.

Vortex has a superb VIP warranty and will take care of you just as good as Swaro.

Vortex Optics - Vortex Razor 10x42 Binocular

The styling is European, the ergonomiocs and controls are top notch. And you will save hundered upon hundreds of dollars to boot.

Scott