Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Hey JeffinTexas Did you every get teh IOR-Valdada fixed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2003, 06:25 PM
Silver Member

Re: Hey JeffinTexas Did you every get teh IOR-Valdada fixed

[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Sakofan,

All of the problems and issues have been with Valentine and Valentine alone. He is the person in charge of the US operation.

He admitted the scope tube was a bit large, but refused to replace or have the scope fixed. I can't begin to explain or tell you the frustrations I had dealing with him.

Like I said, Valentine blew me off just as Chris Gilchrist the east coast rep did. Valentine said it was only cosmetic with no internal damage and that he would not even send it off to be repaired and would not replace it.
[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
[img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] IS THIS REALLY A COMPANY YOU WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

So as far as I'm concerned, I would not recommend anyone purchasing any products from them. Manufactures defect and they still won't warranty the product. Great glass, fantastic MP8 reticle and ****** customer service. Bottom line BY AMERICAN! At least it can be warrantee and fixed. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Mathew 5:16

Distance is not an issue, but the wind will make it interesting!
Old 10-16-2003, 05:25 PM
Bronze Member

I was thinking to buy an IOR but after reading your horror stories---DEATH TO IOR and ****** EASTERN European scopes. I am sticking with Leupold all the way. Just bought a Mark 4 M1 16X and am extremely happy.
[img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2003, 06:32 PM
Bronze Member

Sorry you had such a bad time with Valentin. I can't believe he did that. I had scopes replaced by him that shouldn't have been. For instance, I drop my gun on a rock and knocked the illuminator knob loose. He replaced it with no questions asked. Even after I had offered to pay for the repairs.

Shortly after that expirence with IOR I desided to become a distributor for them. I loved their scopes and thought it would be a great deal to get into.

It sounds to me that you caught Valentin on a bad day. IOR is still fairly small in terms of the US optics market and replacements under warranty does get in his pockets pretty hard. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Valentin did the right thing. As a matter of fact he did the wrong thing. If he had it to do over, I'd bet he'd do it differently.

The kind of repair that your scope needed was not able to be done by IOR here in the US. A couple months ago when I was talking to Val he told me that his nephew was at the factory in Romania being trained to repair optics. IOR was going to send him some high tech equipment so that repairs of this nature could be taken care of. I don't know if he has it all up and running yet.

I'm not trying to sugar coat this, what happened to you is wrong. I can't make any promises but, I'll talk to Valentin to see what can be done. If IOR is going to make it in the market place this is an issue that need resolved.

I have more money invested in IOR products than most of you combined. This concerns me greatly. I take a lot of pride in the products that I sell. A product is nothing unless the manufacturer stands behind it.

If you had bought the scope from me, I would have replaced it out of my own pocket. Just ask sakofan...
Old 10-18-2003, 01:49 AM
Silver Member

Jeff,

I'd recommend you post this problem at The Sniper's Hide - (http://207.36.15.177/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi) and Sniper's Paradise - (http://www.snipersparadise.com/index_hq.htm)

IOR is trying to make inroads into the US tactical market, and if the true operators decide IOR isn't worth bothering with I believe IOR will be in a serious bind. Their scopes are BIG, rugged, and heavy (I own two), but not what your average deer hunter wants to mount on his 06. Without the LE/Military market IOR will have a hard time building a business in the US.

I know IOR monitors these boards, as you have noted previously. Other optic manufacturers and retailers also read these boards regularly. Make enough noise and I bet they'll jump to correct your problem.

Good luck.
Old 10-18-2003, 09:05 AM
Silver Member

Magnumdude,

Thanks for the advice! Before I post there and on the other sniper boards including Sniper Country (you forgot that one), the GGVG board as well as a few others, there are a few things happening behind the scenes with the support issues. I'm going to give those a chance to play out before posting on the other boards and giving up on them all together. Currnetly it is not looking good, but I'll let it run its course.

Thanks for the advice!

I'll keep everyone posted and everyone have a great weekend!

[ 10-18-2003: Message edited by: Jeff In TX ]

Mathew 5:16

Distance is not an issue, but the wind will make it interesting!
Old 10-18-2003, 03:28 PM
Bronze Member

Some time ago i bought a 4.5-14X50 tac scope that supposedly has 1/2moa adjastments..
when i took it to the range and try to do the
tracking test i almost had a heart attack the adjustments were nowhere near where they should be..luckily i figured out that the scope was tracking in 1/10 mils (ie metric erector i click= .356")
When i conducted IOR they acted like it should not be a big deal for me"just make a chart with your come ups using the # on the dial"..and if i was to send it back i would get another one exactly the same [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] `cos all of them are made the same..(to this day i don't know if he understood what i was telling him about the scope).Also i have read another post about the 1/4moa scopes tracking in less than
.250" per click
The dealer offered to exchange the scope for another brand but i was intrigued by having a metric scope and i kept it..so far it works good with 200 rds of 338RUM and 600rds of 308 under its belt....
Old 10-18-2003, 05:46 PM
Gold Member

WOW
After reading all this im really thinking twice about getting a IOR for my next project. I seen a advertisement saying they are using 35mm tubes now??? My buddie has two nightforce's and not a problem. I didn't want to spend the extra $ so the IOR's looked apealing. I have a Tasco 8-40x on my bmg, not the best scope i have had(cheap$) Mostly used Leupolds on my benchrest guns years past. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

"Let the good times roll"