Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Help w/Bino Decision!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-26-2007, 02:12 PM
I would without of doubt check out

Pentax isn't going to be better in low light and bright. Pentax are good quality don't get me wrong. I wouldn't go that route.

As far as saving for Swaro EL i would go that route but, if your not welling to wait and want something now then its out of the question.

Leupold Mesa are good in low light situations there designed for that reason. I would go with 10x50 binoculars also, you wider magnification level.

Another option is - check this product out too compare products.

Unread 07-26-2007, 09:20 PM
I don't know guys. Established brands are great. You get the name and perceived or real quality, but in the end, who wants to have the same thing as everyone else. I have nothing against Leupold, but c'mon - where is originality? I agree with the member above - Vortex has done some wonderful things with design cues and color choices. Their product looks attractive and from what I have heard made at the same factory as Nikon's product.

On a separate note - has anyone heard anything about Yukon compact binocular line? I am familiar with their night vision, but what about their day time optics?

Any feedback is appreciated.
Unread 07-27-2007, 09:53 AM
Yukon compact binoculars are great, most people don't realize Yukon is more then night vision. Yukon binoculars are fit for alot of occasions. The thing that makes Yukon i believe is there prices and there pride and willingness to give people top of the line optics at great prices.

Check these out -

Last edited by ericstokes250; 08-02-2007 at 08:42 AM.
Unread 07-27-2007, 05:49 PM
If I may chime in, I bought a set of Leica 8x50 a year and a half ago from a guy on another forum. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do was send him a MO for 750 bones. However they are the last binos I will ever buy.

Buy the best you can afford, or if I may suggest a pro to help. Contact

They will help you choose the optics you need and will help you.

Another tip, go shopping for optics without your wallet. Just look to see what YOU like. And get them to let you take them outside.
Unread 08-01-2007, 05:10 AM
Gold Member
I'm not sure what sort of cash you want to part with, but I'd seriously look at trying to find a good secondhand set of zeiss, swar or leica. It killed me when I first parted with the cash to buy a well used pair of 8 x 30 classic zeiss. One year later I sold them for more than I paid which allowed me to afford a new 10 x 42 trinovid leica, which I got my money back on then traded up to 10 x 42 geovid leica. Over 3 years I ended up with the best. You never loose money on this gear if you buy right. Just thought you may be able to get the best with thinking outside the box ?

You will never look back. You cant shoot them if you cant see them. Without doubt the most important piece of gear in the pack.

With each step in the bush, you are a step closer.