Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Help with Scope

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2007, 10:14 AM
Silver Member

Help with Scope

Checking to see if anybody has any information on the I.O.R. (Industry Optic Romania) scope's? Looking for hunting scope with high end low light power. Price range around $1000<... The lenses are coated with the Carl Zeiss T-3 system...

http://www.valdada.com/vn/valdada/review1
Old 05-02-2007, 09:17 PM
Silver Member

Re: Help with Scope

Ok, Not a brand that anybody has recognized so far? Any feedback from the web link would help. I.O.R. (Romanian Optics Industry. Some of you from Colorado may know them?

Valdada-IOR Optics
P.O. Box 270095
Littleton, CO 80127

Here's another link: http://www.riflescopes.com/departments/2...ifle_scopes.htm
Old 05-03-2007, 08:18 AM
Platinum Member

I've used IORs for a few years now with no major problems.Just about all of my shooting is @ prairie dogs in full light.The fixed 16x is good enough to se in the moonlight for coyotes but 16x is too much power if its closer than 100 yards and the MP-8 reticle demands snow to see it clearly.Never realy had the 6-24s out in low light so I cant say but a 2.5-10x aught to be a great night scope though I have not tryed one nor do I have any info on the illuminated models?
Got a pair of 3-18s on order but again these will be non illuminated but aught to gather light very well....Timel tell?
Old 05-03-2007, 09:25 PM
Silver Member

Mach V,

Thanks for the feedback and for the pic's. How do the scope's compare with others? What is it about them that made you decide? I like the data/spec's that I have found so far. The scope's seem to have all the right components. Scope's going on top of a 7mm Sako...
Old 05-04-2007, 05:52 PM
Platinum Member

Was looking for was a scope with good glass,a reticle I could work with and that would be affordable to put on every long range gun I owned.....IOR at the time met my criteria the best.
These scopes predate most of the new reticles that are available today.At the time of purchase only NF offered a reticle that I liked to work with(R-2)
Baught these IORs because they where the cost of a NF at the time.In fact I traded 2 NF for three IORs and feel I got the better end of the deal by a large margin!!The IORs all track well,have some great glass in them and with the exeption of a couple of minor mounting problems have ben trouble free.
The 2 I have on order are gona cost me again as much as I have in the original IORs but have a couple of added fetures(cleaner center aiming point and better ellivation turrants) that will help justify some of the cost.The rest of the added cost I can write off to keeping the same reticle that I am used too
Old 05-04-2007, 09:09 PM
Silver Member

Thanks for the good feedback. What do you think of the 4A DOT retical? I'm thinking about the 4-14x56 30mm Illum. I want a scope that I can hunt with in the most minimum of light & looks good. I like the 30mm & 56mm option. I will be hunting from a deer blind with this gun.. With these scopes do you see any difference in low light due to the objective sizes?

Mach V I really appreciate your feedback. Thanks for helping me out here. We don't have a local store that stocks them. So I'm not able to go and inspect them over the counter.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:17 PM
Silver Member

I have an 3X18 illuminated (35mm tube) with the MP8 reticle. I haven't tried it at night yet but am going on a varmint hunt in TX next week that will change that. I have the scope mounted on my 300RUM and have shot it as far away as 600y. I am very pleased with the scope.