Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Help choosing next scope for my new rig!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2005, 07:54 PM
Gold Member

Help choosing next scope for my new rig!

I need help choosing a scope for my new rig. I'm working out the details with Kirby for one of his Allen Mags and I want a scope to match the performance of the rig. It needs to be tough, very clear and be in the 4x16 range as far as magnification but not limited to that. I have been talking with pete lincoln about schimdt & benders 4x16x50 PMII and want others opinions on this scope and your favorite scope no matter what brand. I have looked at others and own a few different brands myself but being this is my first dedicated long range rig and also my first custom rifle that I plan on making my first kill at 1k and beyond with I want to be sure I make the very best decision with my scope. Thanks to all in advance!! P.S. just in case you dont feel comfortable making your decision public I'm throwing in a poll with a couple of scopes I have been looking at and am currently considering. Thanks again!
Old 04-29-2005, 11:05 PM
Silver Member

Re: Help choosing next scope for my new rig!

Very hard to go wrong with either S&B or Nightforce. The new S&B 5-25x56PM2 would give you a lot more top end than the 16x PM2 with only 1x loss at the bottom end, depends if you like a 56mm objective or not.

David.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:14 PM
daveosok

I didnt see Zeiss conquest scopes in that bunch. Have you considered them? I voted Night Force as I have two and they are the cats meow, but for the bucs the Ziess are comparable.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:50 PM
Gold Member

Yes I am considering Zeiss but forgot to include them. I am interested in hearing opinions anyone may have on different brands other than listed also. If you think yours is better than whats listed tell me about it. I need all the input I can get because I want to buy something I will be very happy with for years to come! I will add a few more to the selection if it will let me edit it. No dice on changing the poll so if it aint listed and you think it will be a great choice by all means tell me!
Old 04-30-2005, 02:15 AM
Platinum Member

NXS R2, don't look back. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2005, 08:13 AM
Gold Member

Two questions for all the nightforce guys. #1 are their reticles first or second focal plain? #2 What would you say their glass compares to? Good as S&B, Swaro, Zeiss or better???
Old 04-30-2005, 08:23 AM
Silver Member

7RUMloader..lilja has info on chosing a nightforce scope.i sold 4 lewy varx-x 111 after getting the swarovski.i wont go back
"down" that road especially at their current prices.i really like the zeiss 6.5x20 but moa adjustment will get you there too!