The scope survey thread sparked a creative need in me so I came up with a cheap, easy to repair scope. Here it is in all it's glory, several models to choose from too.
These scopes are durable, waterproof to several thousand feet for SCUBA use, field servicable and spare parts are available at any home repair or better hardware stores... (Sorry but the tactical models are not available for export!).
I'll start with the Long Range external adjustment model (user supplies rings and reticle).
Now the Long Range internal adjustment model (user supplies reticle in this model too).
(The image is perfectly clear, it's the scope that's a little fuzzy.)
There's also a Tactical series (of course). Notice the beefy three (3) piece main tube!
These models offer interchangable reticles with the choice being limited only buy your imagination and available junk string, nails, chicken wire, windows screen or whatever.
Short range tactical.
Long Range tactical.
One of the offered reticles, the 1" brad model. Notice the clarity of the scope, as if it had no glass at all! We're talking about 100% light transmission in this series of scopes.
Finally... also available in camo for the serious folks. (Slight ring marks, fingerprint smudges and paint runs are optional.)
Several added benefits of these scopes not previously mentioned.
1) There are no moving parts so nothing to get knocked out of adjustment!
2) They are 100% non metalic (depending on reticle material) so they can be carried covertly on any airline.
3) They can double as plumbing repair parts in a pinch... Easy to justify to the spouse!
4) There's no warranty card to fill out.
5) No one will ever steal your scope for use on their rifle.
[ 11-07-2004: Message edited by: Dave King ]