Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Hawke scopes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2013, 06:35 AM
Bronze Member

Hawke scopes

Anybody had any experience with the Hawke scopes? Thinking about a 6x24 or an 8x32 for my 6x47 lapua for praire dogs.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:07 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Hawke scopes

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:44 PM
Platinum Member

Alias....The unused 'search' feature.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:40 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
Alias....The unused 'search' feature.
ive had the sidewinder with the half mil reticle and I like it ,,repeatable,,reticle is nice,,had it on 300wsm,tikka,,300ultra and 308,,with no problems
Old 08-24-2013, 12:40 AM
Silver Member

Had the 6-24 & loved it....... Until the reticle started rotating left (on a 10/22)
Old 08-24-2013, 09:06 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by minute of elk View Post
Had the 6-24 & loved it....... Until the reticle started rotating left (on a 10/22)
Big recoiling rifle there...............
Old 08-25-2013, 02:15 AM
Silver Member

I have the 4-16x50mm Sidewinder 30 on my .340 Weatherby. This will be my first year hunting with this setup. My brother has the Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14 X50mm (I cant remember exact power range adjustment) on his .300 Weatherby. At the range the other day we switched guns several times comparing scopes and we both came to the conclusion that the Zeiss had only a very slight brightness advantage. As far as clarity, we could not see anything more with the Zeiss over the Hawke, yes they are that good! I will say the Zeiss had better fit and finish but not near the options of the Hawke. I truly believe Hawke right now is among the best scope for the money on the market today period. The one major downfall to me is the Hawke is heavy. It comes with a very nice case and all the goodies.

Hawke had some BAD products years past but in the past few years have really stepped up to another level from what I hear and it shows. . As of right now, I would have zero restraint on buying another one. And if you do buy one, call Bruce at High Power Optics, a site sponsor on here. Top notch guy and I actually did a review on his scope mounting kit that I have yet to publish thanks to delays from work keeping me from finishing it (sorry Bruce, I haven't forgot about you).

A person can follow the name snob herd's and buy something just for the name or one can do their homework and save hundred's of dollars and laugh at the others.