Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Hakko Scopes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2004, 01:14 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Hakko Scopes

HAKKO is the manufacturer of Springfield Armory's optics. Springfield has had a private label agreement for some years now. HAKKO does manufacture their MP series which if memory serves me correctly, are their Law Enforcement models, but you may find it difficult to locate a distribution channel near by. They are a Japanese company. There are limited models brought in through various companies. I own a Springfield second generation 4-16x50IR range finding, and I tried to purchase one of their third Gen. with the Mil-dot, but the lead times were to great. HAKKO was late in delivering. I purchased the Leupold MK IV 6.5-20x50 LR/T. For the price I believe the HAKKO is not a bad way to go.

--------------------------------------------

Experience the best, Judge the rest!!
Old 10-19-2004, 01:39 PM

I am looking at the law enforcement models. The 10x56 and the 4-14x50 both have a 30mm tube with mildot. I saw them at a local gun shop, good price. Thank you for your comment
Old 10-19-2004, 11:09 PM

Hakko Scopes

Anyone have any experiance with these scopes?
Old 10-20-2004, 07:12 AM
Bronze Member

Photographer, You're welcome! Keep us posted. I've been interested in HAKKO for some time now, but wasn't able to find the MP series I wanted. I did some further research on optics at that cost level and found a company called Hawke Optics. They are also Japanese glass, but Manufactured in the UK. There is a distribution channel in Canada, http://www.airgunsonly.com/. I'm not recommending them over HAKKO, but just take a look. Their Sindwinder, 1" tube, I have on a hunting rifle. It has some real nice features. I'm still partial to Leupold though.

Steve
Old 10-20-2004, 10:26 AM
Silver Member

Photographer, PracTac

Hawke is a line of scopes retailed by Deben in the UK.
http://www.deben.com

Similar to the way Edgar Brothers retail the Optitoo and Optimate ranges. I.e. production is contracted out and then a local label put on them.

Traditionally, Deben scopes have been produced by HAKKO. Any Japanese made Hawke scope is probably made by Hakko.

Rgds

Old 10-20-2004, 11:36 PM
Bronze Member

I knew that Deben was involved with Hawke, but I didn't know that the original manufacturer was HAKKO. You know if you really review all the optics closely you can see a number of similarities in construction. Thanks for that info.

Old 10-21-2004, 05:50 AM
Silver Member

Protrac

I think the similarities become very obvious with the high spec scopes eg 8-32x44 ect.

I had an 8-32x44 optimate once which looked identicle to some other brand scopes with the same spec. A very nice scope. Sold it to get something lighter with more adjustment range.

Rgds