Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Greybull or huskemaw???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 03:09 PM

Greybull or huskemaw???

Hey guys, just had a rifle built and trying to decide if I should get the leupold that Greybull has or the huskemaw blue diamond. Both are nice scopes and I really like the reticles on them. Any experience with either? Thanks fellow gun owners!
Old 12-13-2012, 04:51 PM
Silver Member

Re: Greybull or huskemaw???

I have a couple leupold LR scopes (not the Greybull version) and a Huskemaw blue diamond and I like the Huskemaw better. This is a personal opinion but I like the zero stop, the windage reticle, the adjustments are spot on when dialing. For my eyes the glass is just as clear as the leupold but I am more concerned with mechanics than glass so even if it wasnt as good I would still opt fot the Huskemaw. I am considering the 3-12 for my eastern woods hunting rifle.
I don't know how long they will be around or how good the warranty is but I was willing to take a chance for a scope I felt had everything I wanted in a hunting scope. Forgot to mention, I can get behind the huskemaw much easier than the leupold and it has alot more eye relief for me on the top end power. I am very pleased with mine.
Gary
Old 12-14-2012, 07:22 AM
Platinum Member

+1 for the Huskemaw I have used two of them in 5x20 for the last few years with great success for many of the same reasons as band bait. Click values are dead on, glass quality equal to my eyes, and very rugged. Really like the Reticle.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
Old 12-14-2012, 08:11 AM
Bronze Member

I have three Leupolds and one Huskemaw (blue edition). I will join in and give a huge thumbs up to the Huskemaw. Great scope for the money. Love the bells and whistles but the quality is even better than the gadgets.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:35 AM
PUBLISHER

I have been a happy Huskemaw user for several years and our next shipment of 5-20 should be in the LRH Store in a couple weeks. We have the 3-12 power right now.

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 12-14-2012, 03:52 PM
Silver Member

If you read the reviews online you will see that everyone hates the Huskemaw scope, then you realize...they don't actually own one.
The good reviews come from people who actually own and use them. You can tell they were designed by hunters and it shows.

gary
Old 12-14-2012, 04:02 PM
PUBLISHER

In the early days of those negative comments, and not that many anyway, but most were made by people who had never even held one in their hands much less used one.

Now if one of the "no experience" guys bad mouths them, a gazillion Huskemaw actual users jump all over it.

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors