Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Good Riflescopes for under $450

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2010, 11:45 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Good Riflescopes for under $450

Agree with No Quarter on checking out the Nitrex TR2s at Natchez.....just type in Nitrex TR2 in their search box....they'll come up.

Nitrex TR2 is same as Weaver Super Slam scope and the TR1 is a Grand Slam. Nitrex and Weaver both owned by ATK.

Got a TR2 3-15X42 SF with target turrets a few weeks ago from Natchez. Total price after shipping and taking advantage of Nitrex $100 Rebate was $218. Heck of a price for a scope that Retailed for $575. Other reticles in this model are about $30 higher.

Higher power Nitrex TR2 ($100 rebate) and TR1 ($50 rebate) scopes available. These Nitrex at Natchez are discontinued models with discounted prices.

At private range I'm a member, I've had some serious experienced shooters/hunters who pretty much only buy Leopold, Burris, sightron, Zeiss and ect. view through my TR2 for their opinion on its glass and scope's features. none had a negative comment about scope, thought glass was very good.....comparable to any of their scopes. One guy summed up what rest of guys said about scope with words. "If this scope holds up, has no internal problems, then it is a heck of a scope for a heck of a price." Warranty on Nitrex is one year over the counter exchange.....life time warranty to buyer. If a problem with scope develops, it is sent to same place you'd send a Weaver.

However, tube diameter on these scopes are 1 inch. Think only their Tactical scopes have a 30mm tube and none of these are discontinued.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:56 PM
Silver Member

sir,
you might look at the votex line as they are on sale,i have one and it rocks!i sold my leupold so i can get another one.also burris fullfield has some excellent scopes that are built tough have excellent light transmisson and a rock solid warrenty.bushnell CS sucks as their warrenty work.nikon buckmaster is also an excellent scope.
jmho.good luck in your choice
Old 09-18-2010, 12:58 AM

Try the SUPER SNIPER 16 power. 30mm tube rear or side focus, mill dot. I have four 16 power and two 20 power scopes and they are tough and track great! the 16 power seems a little more clear. They were a navy sniper contract scope that i understand tasco built useing parts from other scope makers. They run around 300.00 and mine have never failed me.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:06 PM
Silver Member

Vortex Viper 6-20x44 scope at optics planet on special 279.00. Very happy with my viper.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:17 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoming styer View Post
Try the SUPER SNIPER 16 power. 30mm tube rear or side focus, mill dot. I have four 16 power and two 20 power scopes and they are tough and track great! the 16 power seems a little more clear. They were a navy sniper contract scope that i understand tasco built useing parts from other scope makers. They run around 300.00 and mine have never failed me.
well i worked in the armory for naval special warfare for a while in the not to distant past and NEVER saw these scopes. all they were using were nightforce. they actually had a pile from the floor to my waist of "old" leupold mk-4 scopes that they were tossing out. just wanted to throw that in since it seems everyone wants to market that there products are used by navy seals or whatever. sorry it just hit a cord. i think i hear that all too much with all types of gear. thanks for the suggestion though i will chech it out. just dont believe everything you hear.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:41 PM

midnight, i got these scopes from SWFA. log on to there sight and i believe they have the story of the super sniper there. i'm not a salesman i'm a retired postal worker.ha!