Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Good Ballistic Plex Scope

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2013, 11:09 AM
Silver Member

Re: Good Ballistic Plex Scope

I think you're missing the boat by not considering a Nikon BDC reticle scope. If you're going to use holdover's why not get a scope that help's you make accurate shot's? I have used the BDC reticle on multiple muzzle loader's and make accurate shot's that are way better then MOP, Minute of pie-plate. 250 yards and 3 shot's in a 4 inch circle fills my freezer. Of course I use Nikon's Spot On Program to help me make my shot's count.

Just saying, IMHO, weigh all the option's out there, unless like Browning said, you have already made up your mind ?
Old 12-18-2013, 08:40 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman940 View Post
I think you're missing the boat by not considering a Nikon BDC reticle scope. If you're going to use holdover's why not get a scope that help's you make accurate shot's? I have used the BDC reticle on multiple muzzle loader's and make accurate shot's that are way better then MOP, Minute of pie-plate. 250 yards and 3 shot's in a 4 inch circle fills my freezer. Of course I use Nikon's Spot On Program to help me make my shot's count.

Just saying, IMHO, weigh all the option's out there, unless like Browning said, you have already made up your mind ?
No I dont quite have my mind made up yet Ive been leaning towards the Vortex Viper HS but I was looking for other comparable options... Nikons arent bad scopes but I personally hate the circle BDC reticle, Ive shot some friends guns with them and I just do not like them... I want a definate aiming point not a circle to cover the area
Old 12-19-2013, 06:39 PM
Silver Member

J., I understand, that's what is so great about the scope market, lot's of choices! I'd say look down as many tubes as you can that fit your requirements and buy the one you think will work the best for your needs. By the way, Nikon does have a bunch of non-BDC reticle scope's too.....