Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Getting a new rangefinder which one??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2007, 07:59 AM
Gold Member

Re: Getting a new rangefinder which one??

[ QUOTE ]
CatShooter , I went back & checked , and the Cost info. for the S-5 on Marines.com was dated 11/95 . So, I think you're right .

[/ QUOTE ]

Tulku...

I got your e-mail. For whatever reason, I can get e-mails, but my G-D 'puter will not let me send them since yesterday [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I am aware of the issues of power and the "other" issue you mentioned, but technically, it is in the possession of a "company", not a person, and I have been a laser researcher (Did the design research and engineering for the lasers that treat eye disease)... so I think that issue is a non issue.

Thanks for your concern.

LRH member #23
Old 01-15-2007, 09:33 AM
Silver Member

I am a professional guide in Wyoming. I own the Leica CRF 1200. It has done everything I have ever asked of it. I tested it, the Swaro, and the new Nikon over the same weekend, in the same conditions.

It out performed the other 2, so I own the Leica. The majority of the guides I work with and know here in Wyoming, have the Leica. I have ranged: Elk, BH Sheep, deer, and antelope, not to mention all the coyotes in the sagebrush.... never been a happier guide when the tips come in.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

It is a tool I use daily and would highly recommend it.. at least for hunting applications, it is bullet proof IMHO.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:19 AM
Silver Member

YOTESTOCALL , I owned a 1200 Scan and found it to be excellent . However , my Swaro. outranged it by at least 600 Yards , but it took me 3 Units before I got a good one . And the problem was Repeatibility not Range . Now you mention your 1200 outperformed ( outranged ??? ) the Swaro. For new buyers : I would be careful to really test any new Swaro. I bought . I did not sell my 1200 until I had some confidence built up with my Swaro. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2007, 08:45 PM
Bronze Member

got the newcon 2000 pro yesterday I ranged everything i could with it and was getting hits at 1300 meters easily that is the furthest thing i could find. I found the optics to be pretty damn good and unit was easy to use and instructions easy to understand. I will let you all know later how it does on deer and yotes. Maybe later this week.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:12 PM
Platinum Member

nolo, is this the monocular version and how much did you pay for it if you don't mind?
Old 01-24-2007, 12:18 AM
Platinum Member

nolo, was hoping to hear more from you and thanks for this additional information. Please do post more feedback on this unit after you've had a chance to test it further. I'm either going with the Swarovski or the Newcon 2000Pro. I've handled the Newcon but only indoors, so your feedback on distances ranged will probably be the determining factor. If this Newcon will reach out the distances it's reported capable of, then what a bargain - pretty hard to beat for the money.

Paul
Old 01-24-2007, 09:18 AM
Bronze Member

dave i paid $480 through ebay newcon 2000pro monocular. Phorwath I will test it further and let you all know how they do. The weather here is horrible right now hasnt stopped raining in two days, as soon as it lets up I will test them some more. I would like to go to the ranch to really test them on animals but with the weather the way it is, it will probably be a week at least before I can go out there and not get stuck.