Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Fip-up covers on Nightforce scopes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2010, 01:25 PM
Silver Member

Fip-up covers on Nightforce scopes

I was wondering if anyone here has come up with a method for using a flip-up style scope cover on the Nightforce scopes or if you have a better method/product that you are using? I haven't gotten my scope yet but I read it's difficult to use the flip-ups due to the eye piece turning when adjusting magnification.

Gordon
Old 12-26-2010, 04:50 PM
Gold Member

Re: Fip-up covers on Nightforce scopes

Mine Work just fine. All i did was set it so when your on max mag its up and slightly to the right so it doesnt interfere with your bolt and at lowest mag it is twisted to the left. Just takes a little getting used to, dosent bother me a bit now.
Savage Target Action 6mm-284
Savage Target Action 6.5x47 Lapua
Savage Predator Hunter Max1 6.5-284 Norma
Savage Predator Hunter Max 1 22-284 Norma
Savage Bear Hunter 338 Win Mag
"Gotta Kill It Before You Can Grill It"
Old 12-26-2010, 05:43 PM
Silver Member

Thanks. That's what exactly what I needed to know.

Gordon
Old 12-27-2010, 08:02 AM
Bronze Member

I have kinda given up on the flip-ups, mostly because the quality of the Blizzards seems to be dropping and the expense of the Leupolds is insane. But, also, I don't like rotating covers one my eyepiece.

I now use the factory bikini covers with good success. I zip-tie one of the retention strands to the scope base which solves the problem of quick deployment without worrying about a dropped cover. I haven't figured out the see-thru thing yet, if that is important to you. For me, it is a secondary concern.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:25 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSteinle View Post
Mine Work just fine. All i did was set it so when your on max mag its up and slightly to the right so it doesnt interfere with your bolt and at lowest mag it is twisted to the left. Just takes a little getting used to, dosent bother me a bit now.
i would do this or use the bikini and zip tie it to the base like mentioned
Old 12-30-2010, 12:06 AM
Platinum Member

I use the same system. I replace the Blizzard objective style with the std. barrel plastic, so it holds better. I then disassemble the Blizzard and put some of my dope on a piece of thin cardboard, and place it into the lens part such that when it pops open i can see it. I also put dope in the ocular part. This allows me to access all the info without having to get out of shooting position.