Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

don't know what to get.. need help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 10:51 AM
Banned

don't know what to get.. need help

Hello there hope all is well, my question is well do any of you folks have nikon monarch bdc scopes . Are they any good ?? I been obsessed with long shots, my eyes are not what they were (same goes with married life ) anyway I want the best scope for around 700 bucks.. Its has to have lifetime warranty.. Any experience would be appreciated
Old 02-28-2013, 01:13 PM
Silver Member

Re: don't know what to get.. need help

Depending on which size of scope your looking at you should be able to easily get under $700 with a BDC Monarch. Unless your looking at a Monarch X model. The Monarchs are a great scope with good clear optics. My only real complaint on the optics is at times you will get a slight glare/refection on the eyepiece lense but I am certainly being very critical there. You will hear mixed opinions on the BDC. Either you will like it or you wont. I bought one for my sons gun and he loves it and I quite like it as well. Depending on the size of game you are shooting will determine how well the BDC will work for you. On elk, you should be able to shoot a very long ways. On praire dogs you might not get the precision you might like because the circles are too big. Like I said, I bought one and dont regret it one bit. Very pleased. Hope that helps.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:32 PM
Platinum Member

I have a Leupold VX3 4.5-14 x50 with the B&C reticle. This model is simple to use and the optics are typical Leupold quality, very good. I think this scope is close to the price range you are looking at. Just another option.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:33 PM
Silver Member

I have Nikon Monarchs BDC on all my rifles. They are tough, dependable, and very clear. They are well worth the money. They also just came out with "spot-on" technology that helps you fine tune your circles. Type in your critical load data and hit fire. They will give you everything you need. I was skeptical at first, but it is very close. You should be very happy with the Monarch BDC series.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:37 PM
Silver Member

Find a store and look through everything you can. That is probably the only way to know what will work for you. I am partial to Vortex, although I have several Nikon Buckmasters. Vipers are better in all ways.

Kids are great, beer is good, and people are stupid.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:22 AM
Banned

I don't like this big circles.. They are not accurately able to pin point a target ... If they made obey in fine dots or line would be better
Old 03-18-2013, 05:25 AM
Gold Member

Ive got mornarchs but not bdc ones. I do have a couple team primos which were the older monarchs with bdc. Personaly i dont care for bdc. It seems like when im actually shooting game i rarely use it and just revert back to doping range and holding over. Make mine a standard duplex.