Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Do I want a Conquest?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2007, 09:31 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philny1 View Post
I have four, 3.5-10, (2) 4.5-14 and a 6,5-20. Presently mounted on a 7 RUM, 30-378, 338 RUM and a 375 H&H. Recoil has not been an issue. All of these scopes have been back to Zeiss except the 3.5-10, the adj were not precise. Once they get em sorted out they have worked just fine for me.
you've had to send three of four scopes back, that sucks!
how was the service and turn around time?
what did they say was wrong?

it's good to hear that they are fine now and that the recoil doesn't effect them
Old 10-01-2007, 09:52 PM
Bronze Member

Conquest??

I have 2 different 6.5X20 scopes on two different varmint rifle's. One is a new Leupold and one is a new Zeiss. When I put both rifle's on the bench at the same time-I prefer the Zeiss. The scope definitely has more "clarity". By that I mean that I can see the target better at different ranges(over the Leupold). I can clearly see the X on an archery target at 500 yards with the Zeiss. With the Leupold the X appears as a dot. I can see shots on white paper at 400 and 500 yards with the Zeiss. Under some light conditions I can see the holes with the Leupold at 400 yards(not always), but I can not pick out the holes at 500 yards. The Zeiss also outperforms in low light conditions. The Zeiss has a one inch tube, and the Leupold has a 30mm tube. The Leupold will focus at 25 yards, the Zeiss is a bit blury at 25 yards.

So far the Zeiss tracks perfectly. from 400 to 600 yards the scope returns to zero, EVERY TIME. I have had a few tracking problem's with Leupold's in the past. But I have the VH reticle on this(which I really like) Leupold and tracking is not an issue. I would like to see the VH reticle on the Zeiss.

My next purchase is a NightForce 5.5X22--I do expect it to out perform the Zeiss and Leupold. It should outperform, it is a good bit more expensive. The Zeiss and Leupold are comparable in price. I may not purchase a Nightforce if I can get a different reticle in the Zeiss. Tom.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:37 PM
Silver Member

I am torn between the IOR and the Conquest I looked at the Conquest again tonight and I love the 14X for target shooting. I just don't want to mess around with sending it back as I have done this twice with the Sightron that is on there now. Thanks
Old 10-02-2007, 05:34 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justgoharder View Post
you've had to send three of four scopes back, that sucks!
how was the service and turn around time?
what did they say was wrong?

it's good to hear that they are fine now and that the recoil doesn't effect them
Turn around was sloooooooowwwwwwwww. 60-90- days. They were replaced rather than repaired.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:57 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philny1 View Post
Try Chester VA. That close enough.
Customer service is chester ,va. - they are assembled in new york.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:43 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOGGHEAD View Post
I have 2 different 6.5X20 scopes on two different varmint rifle's. One is a new Leupold and one is a new Zeiss. When I put both rifle's on the bench at the same time-I prefer the Zeiss. The scope definitely has more "clarity". By that I mean that I can see the target better at different ranges(over the Leupold). I can clearly see the X on an archery target at 500 yards with the Zeiss. With the Leupold the X appears as a dot. I can see shots on white paper at 400 and 500 yards with the Zeiss. Under some light conditions I can see the holes with the Leupold at 400 yards(not always), but I can not pick out the holes at 500 yards. The Zeiss also outperforms in low light conditions. The Zeiss has a one inch tube, and the Leupold has a 30mm tube. The Leupold will focus at 25 yards, the Zeiss is a bit blury at 25 yards.

So far the Zeiss tracks perfectly. from 400 to 600 yards the scope returns to zero, EVERY TIME. I have had a few tracking problem's with Leupold's in the past. But I have the VH reticle on this(which I really like) Leupold and tracking is not an issue. I would like to see the VH reticle on the Zeiss.
Tom.
I've had similar experiences. Never had to send a Conquest back, but then in 38 years of buying scopes never had to send any back!
Arizona Wildlife Foundation