Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Diffrent Reticle Mark 4??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 07:21 PM
Gold Member

Re: Diffrent Reticle Mark 4??

I agree, the TMR is a great reticle. BTW the TMR will subtend MOA at slightly less than max power.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:48 AM

THANKS FOR THE INFO!. I just sent my 8year old Mark IV with an Illuminated Duplex that I use on my hunting rifle back to Leupold for the $159.99 upgrade to the TMR. I have the newer TMR on my target rifle and I love it.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:17 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentc View Post
I agree, the TMR is a great reticle. BTW the TMR will subtend MOA at slightly less than max power.

Only for SFP But seriously, I did not know that.

t

Old 02-21-2013, 09:16 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilkison View Post
I recently got a quote from leupold for $159 to change the reticle in my mark 4, I'm about sick of the duplex reticle I want the TMR. Not sure why anyone would want the duplex in a tactical/long range scope anyway..
Because some people only use the center point for aiming. Maybe they dial for everything...

OP,
I recommend the TMR as well. If you plan on disgracing that scope with a B&C reticle, just sell it....I forbid you.

The people trying to say the 2nd Amendment is outdated are probably the same folks that would say the same thing about the Bible.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:50 PM

even if you dial it's still nice to have the mildot for quick follow ups and if not they're not in the way of anything. Definitely don't don't put a bush league bdc anywhere near a mark 4.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:04 PM

As far as dialing in for everything...I used to do that in competitions, but it hurt my head to dial in the MOA offset for the current wind, then the wind would drop and I didn't have time to change the scope. So I would need to hold off some amount to the downwind (feels wrong) side of the target. Since installing the Mark IV with the TMR on my target rifle, I've grown to prefer determining the range of MIL offset for the expected wind range, and use the MIL hashes inside the scope to hold off INTO the wind for the current conditions. Now my Duplex recticule in my Mark IV on my hunting rifle MUST be upgraded to TMR...there is no going back. (and my head hurts much less)
ps if you reduce the scope power from maximum, the hash marks will subtend MORE area, not less. So you can't get them to represent MOA instead of MILS.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:45 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoYooper View Post
ps if you reduce the scope power from maximum, the hash marks will subtend MORE area, not less. So you can't get them to represent MOA instead of MILS.
Sure ya can, it'll subtend to several minutes but not single moa.

The people trying to say the 2nd Amendment is outdated are probably the same folks that would say the same thing about the Bible.

Last edited by Bravo 4; 02-22-2013 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Yep