Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Did Burris screw up the Eliminator iii mount?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2012, 12:13 PM

Did Burris screw up the Eliminator iii mount?

Super excited that I finally scored the new Eliminator iii. However, when I went to mount it on my 300 win mag it appears they made a serious error on the scope mount. The body has been stretched and it looks like the forward land got stretched with it. Making it completely miss the standard 2-piece picatinny rail system they recommend in the user manual. Not shown in the pic is the eyepiece is already a little further to the rear than I'd like (past the grip). I was able to get a pretty good fit by wrapping some 5mil copper shim stock around the mounting bolt so the scope is actually resting on that for the forward mount. The mounting bolt is square so it is a pretty decent surface but it's dimensions don't match the height set by the rear mount (hence the need for shim stock). Hard to believe this is how they expect us to mount it. Am I missing something?
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
Did Burris screw up the Eliminator iii mount?-e3mount.jpg  
Old 10-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Did Burris screw up the Eliminator iii mount?

Certainly looks like it's not right, but it appears Ernie has his mounted the same way. Might PM him for details, he shimmed his but he's got a 30MOA base.?

My dad has one on a Weatherby Vangaurd 243, I don't recall it looking that way, but maybe it does.