Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Dialing For Distance

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 09:32 PM
Gold Member

Re: Dialing For Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muttt View Post
I get it. I don't know what the hell I have been thinking. No wonder I got lost in my scope when I was at the range. Had to go back to zero at 100 yards and then work it out again to get on at 545 yards. I was thinking each click was 1/4 inch and so one. Not so. I did manage to take the info and make a drop chart for my rifle using clicks. I just multiplied the MOA measurements by four and went with that.
Glad you got it. I didn't figure it would take you much. Brain farts, I hate them.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:30 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Dialing For Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muttt View Post
I get it. I don't know what the hell I have been thinking. No wonder I got lost in my scope when I was at the range. Had to go back to zero at 100 yards and then work it out again to get on at 545 yards. I was thinking each click was 1/4 inch and so one. Not so. I did manage to take the info and make a drop chart for my rifle using clicks. I just multiplied the MOA measurements by four and went with that.
Glad you got it! I would encourage you though to begin to think in MOA and not clicks as soon as possible. It is a much easier way to think and you are dealing with much smaller numbers so less mistakes are made. Also knowing how many MOA per rev of the turret is a much quicker way to dial in since the MOA markings are always on the turret but the number of clicks aren't.

Scot E.