Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

decision on spotting scope please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2008, 03:10 PM
Bronze Member

decision on spotting scope please.

My two choices are Bushnell legend in 20-45 60mm or a spacemaster 15-45 60mm by bushnell as well.Thanks for any help or insight.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:00 AM

Re: decision on spotting scope please.

The best advice I can give you is call some of the site sponsors. There honest and I'm sure they will not steer you wrong.

Rob
Old 09-16-2008, 04:02 AM
Silver Member

If you are looking at one of the bushnells then you need to take it outside and look through it at low light. I have the legend and I am not very pleased with it at all. I did not take it outside in low light. I probablly would of never bought the thing if iIwould have known how it would preform in low light. I would shop around before spending any bones on a scope. Also if you can wait another season and save more money to buy a higher quality then that would serve you the best. I am in the process of saving now for alot better quality spotter. I cannot say enough about my ziess binoculars. They work great in all light conditions but they cost alot also. Well worth the money. Thanks....
Old 09-16-2008, 09:08 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by william101 View Post
My two choices are Bushnell legend in 20-45 60mm or a spacemaster 15-45 60mm by bushnell as well.Thanks for any help or insight.
THAT'S EZ Niether!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Look at something else nikon,leupold wind river,alpen. ihave a cheap windriver that i have beat the hell out of for 6 years and it still works great. i have had the legend and got rid of it fast. for a cheaper spotter there's a lot better for the same $$$. the alpen scope look nice. you can do better i think.

Spotting Scopes
Old 09-17-2008, 07:46 PM
Silver Member

A spotter is designed to magnify the target at a high level with clarity and resolution. Unfortunately, in order to do this in a reasonably compact package the quality need to go in, which means it's gonna cost. Cheap spotters are less forgiving than cheap scopes or even binos. I would save up for a better spotter.

Scott
Old 09-18-2008, 11:40 AM
Bronze Member

Thanks guys for the helpfull input,Hopefully I didnt make too bad of a decision so here it goes I heeded your advice, on the above mentioned scopes I was considering, nd went ahead and ordered a Bushnell Elite 15-45 w/60mm obj. and because it was the military version I bought it for 279.00 at Optics planet shipping included. seemed like an outstanding deal.I couldnt afford the next higher versions of the elite so hopefully I did alright. Thoughts or comments or scorns aprecciated! Thanks again.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Silver Member

I don't know what the military version is, but you got a great price on a decent spotter. Looks like OP is blowing them out for inventory reduction. Good for you.

The only scorn is you bought from OP....more $$ for the anti-gun crowd. But that deal is difficult to pass up.