Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Counter Sniper scopes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 10:06 PM
Silver Member

Counter Sniper scopes

Does anyone know anything about Counter Sniper scopes that Midway sells.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Gold Member

Re: Counter Sniper scopes

counter sniper optics
counter sniper crusader?
Old 11-12-2009, 12:42 AM
Silver Member

Friends don't let friends use Counter Sniper Scopes.

They're junk.

A guy on Sniper's Hide did a very thorough review of one of their scopes, and it read like a comedy of errors. Go to Sniper's Hide and do a search on Counter Sniper. You'll get several hits, but it won't take you long to find the review.

Their business phone is a cell phone.

Their mailing address is a PO Box.

The physical location they gave shows an empty lot on Google Earth.

When you start asking one of them anything that's not on their little Starwars advertisement, they hang up.

They're selling cheap chinese junk. They'll replace your scope for free rather than repair it; they still come out ahead.

Cheap ****.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:46 AM
Silver Member

That is what I have read. But everything I saw on the net was from a couple years ago and I thought maybe things have changed.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:08 AM
Platinum Member

They are not as bad as claimed on snipers hide, but then again my life is never dependant on my scope working. I cannot/wouldnot defend their sales practices, but they are not total junk. I still have one of those things laying around somewhere 4x14. It still works perfectly and the glass is still just as bad as when I bought it. Would I buy another? Probably but only under this very specific circumstance. If I need a FFP 30MM tubed low powered scope with turrents and mil dots. It is very hard to find something in the 1-5 X magnification range with those features without paying a hefty price, CSC is about the only cheap alternative out there. Howeverif you wanting something in a more normal power range there are better alternatives.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:34 PM
Silver Member

How many Counter Sniper scopes do you own now, and how many have you owned in the past?
Old 11-12-2009, 07:15 PM
Platinum Member

Three total, two were the low powered models. I put them on .300 whispers and use EGW extended bases and they work great with my nightvision that mounts in front of the scope. Those two ended up leaving me when the guns left. I have a 4x14 that I bought probably a couple years back for a budget 308 savage. It worked okay, at least as good as the super snipers that some people like. It is sitting on a shelf in my reloding room. I devoloped a taste for better glass, I guess. After I traded off my second whisper and built my current whisper I found another el cheapo scope with similar features. I think it is a sitemark orsomething like that. It is holding up okay and the glass is proabably a little better but the clicks are even mushier than the counter snipers. Now do not get me wrong I am not saying they are good scopes. I am only saying they are not as bad as most peole seem to think. They are pretty cheesy but functional. I would never buy another of the 4x14s but I kinda like the 1x4 powered (or whatever they are) scopes.