Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Counter sniper optics?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 03:20 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Counter sniper optics?

Sorry if you feel like people aren't being helpful here. I would stay away from CounterSniper though.
If you want to stay under $1,000, try looking at Vortex Vipers, Viper HS, and Viper PST's. Also check out the Bushnell Elite 6500 line of scopes.
In the $1,000-$2,000 range check out Nightforce and Vortex Razor HD's. Over $2,000 ask someone else, because I'll never have the money to bother with that kind of stuff.

Me personally, I shoot with a Bushnell Elite 4200, but I think my next purchase will be a Vortex Viper HS.

Let us know what you choose. No matter what you go with, someone on here will criticize your choice.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:21 PM

I do not have a set limit on price but I was expect in the $2, range.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:04 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
Sniper biper... Unfortunately, our sport and the industry has adopted words that are detrimental to all of us, no matter what we shoot or what we hunt. Words like tacital, sniper, special ops and other paramilitary terms shild be removed from advertising and should be not be used.

It gives people not associated with our sport a bad impression and I'll tell you something, those people make up the voting majority in the country.

Like the AR platform. People associate 'AR' with assualt rifle when, in fact, 'AR' is a designation and nothing more.
Flip is correct.

"Assault Rifle" is a term created by the liberal media to try to make guns sound bad and dangerous. It didn't exist before the mid 80's when they (blatently illegally) passed the ban on civilians buying new manufactured full-auto weapons pending a Form-4 transfer.

The "AR" designation is nothing more than that...An alphabetical model designation given to the rifles built by the Armalite company.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:18 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmag79 View Post
I do not have a set limit on price but I was expect in the $2, range.
In that range, and looking for a close-to-long range scope...

I'd go with a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 High-Speed Zero Stop with the MOAR reticle.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Old 08-19-2013, 10:56 PM

I am convinced that the Night force scope is the way to go. I am curious to know if the NXS has sufficient adjustment or if I need to go with the Atacr. Any incite on how much adjustment will be needed for the 375 CT to reach its potential ranges?
Old 08-19-2013, 11:00 PM

My next problem is finding reloading data for it.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:35 AM
Platinum Member

It will have more than enough adjustment. If you feel you don't you will have enough, buy a 20 MOA base. I recommend EGW. Also recommend TPS TSR rings.

.375 Cheytac is gonna be a tough one to find data for...I'd contact Cheytac, Kirby Allen, or any other known gunsmith that messes with the huge bore calibers.

Quote: