Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

counter sniper crusader?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2007, 09:20 AM
Gold Member

counter sniper crusader?

anyone have any info on these?
thanks
JS
Old 11-17-2007, 12:09 PM
Platinum Member

rr,

Found this:

sniper central forums

They have all of the "stated" features I'm looking for but.........who knows what they really are??????
Old 11-17-2007, 10:41 PM
Platinum Member

I cant say how rugged they are, but the glass is pretty impressive for the price. The mechanicals seem pretty repeatable. I tried one of those box tests and it worked great. I shoot at 600 and 100 a great deal with my .308 and I just crank on the scope and it seems just as reliable as the super sniper I took off the gun but it has variable power. The lighted reticle is pretty cheesy, but I actually like the scope pretty well. It aint no nightforce or even a leupold but for the money its working out pretty good so far, time will tell.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:49 PM
Platinum Member

eddybo,

How is the scope at either end of the day?

Also, is it really a Front Focal Plane?

TNX
Old 11-17-2007, 11:18 PM
Platinum Member

Way better than I expected for the money and hands down better than the super sniper 20x that was on the gun. Not quite on par with a 30mm 4x14x40 leupold, but great for an inexpensive scope. (only other scope I did an actual comparison with because they had basically the same magnification range)

Quote:
Originally Posted by royinidaho View Post
eddybo,

How is the scope at either end of the day?

Also, is it really a Front Focal Plane?

TNX
Old 11-17-2007, 11:31 PM
Platinum Member

uhhh front focal plane...how the heck do I know if it was air mailed in the front of the plane with a window seat? Thats a good question, but I am not positive what your asking. I think your asking if the size of the recticle will not change in relation to magnification setting. If thats what you mean then the answer is no. The recticle size is dependant on magnification setting.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:19 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddybo View Post
uhhh front focal plane...how the heck do I know if it was air mailed in the front of the plane with a window seat? Thats a good question, but I am not positive what your asking. I think your asking if the size of the recticle will not change in relation to magnification setting. If thats what you mean then the answer is no. The recticle size is dependant on magnification setting.
Yep, Its FFP.