Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Conquest vs PST!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2011, 03:40 PM
Gold Member

Re: Conquest vs PST!!

Another one to check out is Cameraland for the Conquest and the PST. They constantly run specials on demos and refurbs on the Conquest line. I bought two Conquests last year, one demo and one reburb. Both scopes look NIB, and function perfectly.

I just received a 6-24 FFP PST from them and look forward to giving it a thorough working with my new build.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:10 PM
Gold Member

brentc: Let us know how you like it?
Old 06-09-2011, 09:57 PM
Gold Member

Ziess has better glass that will assist you in hunting conditions. Vortex has some bells & whistles that are nice for target. I don't like big heavy tactical scopes on walking rifles. I would also look into a Sightron BigSky or SIII. I believe the glass is every bit as good as Ziess when I compare them side by side and they have awesome CS.

Camera Land is a great place for the Ziess & Vortex. I believe the also had a smoking deal on Leica scopes for $889...Thats a steal! it was listed on here.

bigsupplyshop.com is a good place for sighttrons.

All this should be taken with a grain of salt...buy what you feel is the best for YOU!

Jon
Old 06-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Bronze Member

I am not going out on a limb to say anything but I think the Viper PST scopes are fairly lightweight....
Old 06-10-2011, 08:00 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drespecki View Post
I am not going out on a limb to say anything but I think the Viper PST scopes are fairly lightweight....
For a tactical scope this is true, but for some they may still be dimensionally cumbersome like many tactical scopes. The Zeiss with all the knobs has a slimmer profile and a few less ounces. However, there is nothing slim about the SIII with knobs on a carry rifle.

Not saying one is better than the other, just saying that if you prefer a slim profile for a carry gun, the Zeiss may be the best in that regard.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:08 AM
Gold Member

The PST is only 4 oz heavier then the zeiss. So for all the bells and whistles I believe the pst is better even if the glass is better on the zeiss
Old 06-10-2011, 10:29 AM
Gold Member

The Zeiss has everything I need to shoot long range and is very proven. As far as bells and whistles it has side focus and excellent turrets. Fantastic tracking. Excellent glass. Extremely reliable. Guess I can't see where it is lacking.As far as comparing a sightron to a zeiss well.. I 'd be going Zeiss every time.